Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama cant win.

From the preacher thing land, it dun.

White people get bummy and abandon ship. Best he can hope for is a VP slot. If he is jettisoned, then Hilary will have a hard time getting high turnout of black votes. Bloomberg waiting in the wings to swoop in for EITHER party.

McCain looking good, but will be last 5 years...NO!

Karl,

BTW....in taking a closer look at Obama, he seems to be an Oscar award winning actor! May not really be much better than Hilary. Pity his wife not running.

Comment

No, that is premature. If this does not blow over in a month, then we will see.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Pity his wife is not running? For what, president of the NAACP or ACLU?

Must joke you a joke. She is by far the more radical of the two.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

Integrity is a hell of a thing. She has it.

Comment

Him better come good tomorrow when him give him speech on this and other race issues.

I guess what has surprised me is that he and his campaign had a year to prepare for this. They KNEW is was coming, it was just a matter of when.

So far the best they have is "I wasn't there when he said that"? Nah man them must have the real defense planned for tomorrow.

Look like the Democrats are finding a way to lose again. Imagine McCain is campaigning on continuing the policies of the most unpopular president since Nixon, and yet the polls show him to be very competitive.

The Democrats better hope the recession come hard and fast, it is looking like them only chance right now.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Based on how fast the shyte hitting the fan, I dont see why anyone wants the job.

Bush is sweating bricks. Jan 09 cant come fast enuff for him!

Comment

Him better come good tomorrow when him give him speech on this and other race issues.

I guess what has surprised me is that he and his campaign had a year to prepare for this. They KNEW is was coming, it was just a matter of when.

So far the best they have is "I wasn't there when he said that"? Nah man them must have the real defense planned for tomorrow.

Look like the Democrats are finding a way to lose again. Imagine McCain is campaigning on continuing the policies of the most unpopular president since Nixon, and yet the polls show him to be very competitive.

The Democrats better hope the recession come hard and fast, it is looking like them only chance right now.
                Maybe, BUT I thought U would figger it out already.

Spitzer buying sport for 6 years and is only now conveniently exposed? Everything happens for a reason. Choreography is the most compelling pastime in politics. All is stage managed. Build U up and mash you down when them ready.

Is it McCain with the Cancer...or people voting for his VP in actuality...or is it Bloomberg to the "rescue". Dramas to unfold, while the Financial markets unravel.

Comment

Maybe so, but its not enough to win a statewide or national election with the views she is believed to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    From the preacher thing land, it dun.

White people get bummy and abandon ship. Best he can hope for is a VP slot. If he is jettisoned, then Hilary will have a hard time getting high turnout of black votes. Bloomberg waiting in the wings to swoop in for EITHER party.

McCain looking good, but will be last 5 years...NO!
                    I am getting angry! If McCain wins the democrats threw it away. It was obvious the race thing would surface.

I looked at both candidates on the platform - One looked white to me! The other looked black! How the hell other people could look at them and not see r a c e is not believabe...and for anyone to come out and say they did not see two races...r a c e...in fustratingly silly.

How could we not expect us to support our own when emotionalism kicks in? ...and when we come out in our masses and vote for our black brother...no question of r a c e to be emphasised/club us around our heads with its presence?

Well it is true I had decided to vote for Hillary before Obama came on the scene...and I still voted Hillary...in my mind and I said it here...Obama was not sujected to the scrutiny Hillary was over her life and during the early part of this campaign...and even up until this moment. I know some will ask me if I am mad...but Hillary in his same position would have had all her speaches, all events she attended, all votes she made, everywhere she went, her relatives, her bank accounts, her acquaintances, her tax records...every single thing on her life scrutinized...include play on things she had not done.

I thought that it would be great....and still think it would be great to have a black as president...and I thought and still think that Barack's best path to the Whitehouse is getting in as VP being in the Whitehouse 8 years...fine tuning himself...and the winning the presidency as ALL would be used to having him there...spend 8 years as President!

I think he shall win the democratic primary and curses of curses - McCain in the Whitehouse as the Republicans go to town on him with their "Hillary-type" demonizing! Which incidentally Obama laid into Hillary on with his, she is divisive -"I am sure Hillary supporters will vote for me! ..but, we are not sure she can get my supporters!"
                    Last edited by Karl; March 17, 2008, 10:17 PM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I dont think it will stop him at this point , if it was in the beginning , defenitely yes.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Karl, the time of people questioning if you're mad has passed ... suh don't worry.

I recall a while back T.K. had asked if we thought Obama should run for the presidency. Quite a few of us didn't think he should run at this time. However, personally after hearing and reading what his plans are, I had to change course.

Karl, not everybody is like you. There are some of us that actually pay attention and make objective decisions ... you .... just the regular blind loyalist.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...31&postcount=1
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Maybe, BUT I thought U would figger it out already.

Spitzer buying sport for 6 years and is only now conveniently exposed? Everything happens for a reason. Choreography is the most compelling pastime in politics. All is stage managed. Build U up and mash you down when them ready.

Is it McCain with the Cancer...or people voting for his VP in actuality...or is it Bloomberg to the "rescue". Dramas to unfold, while the Financial markets unravel.

mmmmm?
                          You could be right about!

What I have found out since moving here is, the media builds you up and then tears you down!

btw - Just found out Obama's address today is at 10.15am and it is being reported as closed door!

Don't think that closed door will be good for him...makes it look as if there is still something he has to hide or cannot put in the light of day! Once again Bad Judgement...I think!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                            I am getting angry! If McCain wins the democrats threw it away. It was obvious the race thing would surface.

I looked at both candidates on the platform - One looked white to me! The other looked black! How the hell other people could look at them and not see r a c e is not believabe...and for anyone to come out and say they did not see two races...r a c e...in fustratingly silly.

How could we not expect us to support our own when emotionalism kicks in? ...and when we come out in our masses and vote for our black brother...no question of r a c e to be emphasised/club us around our heads with its presence?

Well it is true I had decided to vote for Hillary before Obama came on the scene...and I still voted Hillary...in my mind and I said it here...Obama was not sujected to the scrutiny Hillary was over her life and during the early part of this campaign...and even up until this moment. I know some will ask me if I am mad...but Hillary in his same position would have had all her speaches, all events she attended, all votes she made, everywhere she went, her relatives, her bank accounts, her acquaintances, her tax records...every single thing on her life scrutinized...include play on things she had not done.

I thought that it would be great....and still think it would be great to have a black as president...and I thought and still think that Barack's best path to the Whitehouse is getting in as VP being in the Whitehouse 8 years...fine tuning himself...and the winning the presidency as ALL would be used to having him there...spend 8 years as President!

I think he shall win the democratic primary and curses of curses - McCain in the Whitehouse as the Republicans go to town on him with their "Hillary-type" demonizing! Which incidentally Obama laid into Hillary on with his, she is divisive -"I am sure Hillary supporters will vote for me! ..but, we are not sure she can get my supporters!"
                            Karl, at this point your fears are baseless. All polls are unanimous in their projections that Obama would beat McCain. The truth is with the economy in the condition it is in now, and with ALL indications that it will get worse and with a war that the VAST majority of Americans no longer want, there is NO way that McCain can beat Obama. No way.......

And Karl, you must be crazy if you think the Republicans would want to face Barrack instead of Hillary. So stained (quite literally) is her linen that she would be very easy prey for them. Barrack in my estimation has gone VERY easy with her and has run a clean campaign.

Comment

LOL!! You mussi looking at some old polls. This is one of the most reliable pollsters this season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
                              Monday, March 17, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows John McCain with a six-percentage point lead over both potential Democratic opponents. McCain currently leads Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton by an identical 48% to 42% margin. McCain has a double-digit lead over Clinton among unaffiliated voters and is essentially even with Obama among those same voters. However, McCain makes greater inroads among Democrats with Obama as the nominee.

McCain has gained ground against both Democrats in recent days as stories about Obama’s former Pastor, Jeremiah Wright, have been widely discussed(see recent daily results). Wright is viewed favorably by just 8% of American voters and 73% consider his comments racially divisive.

The dialogue about Wright’s controversial comments appears to have had at least a short-term impact on public perceptions of Barack Obama. The Illinois Senator is viewed favorably today by just 47% of voters nationwide. That’s down five points since last Thursday (see recent daily results). The number with an unfavorable view of Obama has risen from 44% on Thursday to 50% today. Among White voters, Obama is now viewed favorably by 43% and unfavorably by 54%.

Looked at from a slightly longer perspective, Obama’s overall favorable ratings peaked at 56% on February 21, shortly after he won the Wisconsin Primary. At that point, Clinton began raising questions about Obama as part of the campaign that ultimately enabled her to win the Texas and Ohio Primaries. Since then, Obama’s net favorability ratings have fallen seventeen points (from plus 14 points on February 21 to minus 3 points today).

McCain, visiting Iraq and left out of the Democratic mudslinging, is now viewed favorably by 54%, unfavorably by 42%. Clinton is viewed favorably by 46%, unfavorably by 52%. Her unfavorable total has been at or above 50% for most of the past month (see recent daily results). Negative attitudes towards Clinton remain more firmly entrenched than for the other candidates—35% have a Very Unfavorable opinion of Clinton, 29% say the same about Obama, and 18% hold such a negative view of McCain.

In the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Monday’s numbers show Obama with 46% support from Likely Democratic Primary Voters while Clinton earns 44% of the vote (see recent daily results). Among Democrats, Clinton leads 48% to 42%, but Obama has a substantial lead among unaffiliated voters likely to participate in a Democratic Primary.

Comment

Working...
                              X