No announcement yet.

Controversial minister off Obama's campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many sermons are we talking about over a 20 year period ?

2 ? I don't believe it is outlandish to mi miss many more than 2 sermons over 20 years.

Obama talking sense.. Preacher is not his political advisor AND why should he remove his family from the Church now dat di man is retiring ???

Sounds quite reasonable to me.

Obama life continue whether him get president or not... if merica want him fi run dem will let him know.. simple.

If dem pick Obama fi run and Mcain beat him.. well nuh democracy dat.. hug it up.

Comment

Firstly, it is a lot more than 2 sermons. You have seen video clips on a few or them. The mainstream media haven't even gone into the trip to Libya with Farrakhan and the various audio tapes that are yet to come. That is being left for a later time.

But apart from that, I think you are totally missing the point of the discussion. He doesn't HAVE to remove his familiy from the church, as a matter of fact doing so at this stage would make matters worse.

It is that he is running on a theme of racial and political INCLUSION, ie no red or blue states, we all are one, blah blah. But he has attended a church and has a SPIRITUAL ADVISOR for 20 years who has views that are not consistent with that.

Even worse in my mind, is that he is trying to give the impression that he wasn't aware of some of these comments. As Assasin said in an earlier post, anyone who attends a particular church regularly tends to know what the pastor preached about on major issues, wether they were there that Sunday or not. Does anyone believe that the Obamas didn't know of the 9-11 "chickens coming home to roost" sermon (straight from the Malcom X/ Kennedy assasination comment that got him in trouble ) or the "Hillary aint been called a ************************" comment ?

His best option today is to find some comments made by the televangilists against gay and muslim people and try to make the point that it does not necessarily represent the views of McCain or Bush. It will still be a shaky argument because the relationship he had with this guy is much stronger then those, but maybe it will give him some breathing room.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

boldface liar?!!! bill clinton got 2 terms on that ticket!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          Yes!
          ...but in my book you should always lie about sleeping with a lady who is not you wife! ALWAYS! ...does not matter if it is to close friends and or relatives...ALWAYS! Never of yourself bring the lady down! NEVER!

The lady can tell her friends about ti but any man worth his salt cannot! - NEVER! In my mind that is worthless so-and-so!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            btw - do you remember what I had said about Obama in the 'earlies'?

I like my friends and acquaintances as human. They like me, must bleed. They must have made mistakes in the past. They like me must strive to let the truth 99.99% of the time.

Obama was too definitive when questions were raise on things in his background.

Remember the real estate deal - never knew Rezko was having problems!

Then now never heard these sermons of this pastor...

He was the firs tone to have a universal health care plan...

...and many others!

The health care one he actually said in a debate! ...with Hillary right beside him?

Then there was his putting for of the withdrawal of troops as a first by him?

...and there is also how he speaks of the care to be taken before any meeting with 'enemies' of the US as his idea! - Damn the man in the first debate claimed he would run out and meet these persons and Hillary jumped on it in her response explaining why caution adn planning and making lower level contacts...first!

Next thing you know he changes it right around to "preparations" before and positioning it as him first making that argument!

He lies and lies and lies and lies...BEAUTIFULLY!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yuh mad.....clinton "never inhaled" a joint. obama voluntarily disclosed that he had used "some blow"....

truth is yuh chose hilary ...that is ok. you're entitled but please, PLEASE do not tek us for mukut....

btw has schwarzenegger been a good governor for california? he got 2 terms. what were his admistrayive qualifications? Terminator or kindergarten cop...no wait conan the barbarian!

the more the campaign goes on the more i view hilary, moreso than obama as damaged goods.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is ah good ting yuh put it in caps.. SPIRITUAL ADVISOR...

Yuh ah talk about INCLUSION ???

Di preacher highlighting American social and political faults and evilous ways.. wha wrong wid dat ? Maybe is a fiyah bun preacha...

Comment

Working...
                X