No announcement yet.

Mikey Dread, gone from the control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i listened to the entire 57 minutes of mikey dread... it saddens me to learn how he was treated... however, he had a role to play in how his career played out... his contribution to the jamaican conciousness needs to be acknowledged formally by the jamaican music industry... he was a pioneering trailblazer...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

lol... jawge... its ok to speak positive of the dead, especially when it comes to icons, like mikey dread...
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Youtube Video

Mikey Dread, R.I.P.

Youtube Video
        http://idolator.com/368847/mikey-dread-rip

Mikey Dread--the Jamaican producer and DJ renown for his decades-long devotion to spreading reggae, dub, and dancehall--passed away in Connecticut on Saturday following a year-long battle with a brain tumor. Yet another Jamaican engineering student drawn to the country's pop scene, Michael Campbell's "Dread At The Controls" show on JBC radio quickly became essential listening during reggae's '70s heyday, so much so that word of Dread's reputation soon reached reggae fans who had never even stepped onto the island; the show's grass-roots appeal at home and abroad helped launch his own influential career as an artist and producer after unsuccessfully wrangling with JBC higher-ups over his dub-focused playlists.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X