X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Minister flays Spanish Town Mayor

Prime Minister flays Spanish Town Mayor for bad behaviour

Friday, 14 March 2008

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has reacted with shock to the conduct of Mayor of Spanish Town Dr. Andrew Wheatley at a recent meeting of the Portmore Municipal Council.

Our news centre obtained a copy of a letter sent to Dr. Wheatley by the Prime Minister in which he flayed the Mayor for his verbal attack on parliamentarians that were invited to the meeting.

The St. Catherine based Opposition members of Parliament had been invited to the council meeting to make presentations on road work in their constituencies by Portmore's Mayor Keith Hinds.

In his letter, Mr. Golding described Dr. Wheatley's objection to the MP's presence as "unwarranted and unbecoming".

Mr. Golding added that Dr. Wheatley's statements were uncomplimentary and far below the standard he expected of the Mayor based on his training and discipline.

The Prime Minister went further by stating that the Spanish Town Mayor's action brought into disrepute the Jamaica Labour Party's stated commitment to good governance.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I would like to know the number of PhD's in Jamaica.

A certain % of them seem to be pure eejit

Take Omar for example. The bits and pieces i have heard and read about him--I don't think he can balance his ona check book.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I am sure Lazie did not have had a problem with the mayor's outburst. Pity we might never really know.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Many of them are farin PHDs!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          I am sure Lazie did not have had a problem with the mayor's outburst. Pity we might never really know.
          The pity is you tek yourself too seriously to be "sure" what I'd have no problem with. Deal with the position of the PM and don't try turning it on Lazie.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Prove that you had disagreed with the mayor's actions!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Prove that you had disagreed with the mayor's actions!
              How must I agree or disagree with something I wasn't aware of? You been smoking some high grade or something?

Comment

Bruce Golding a set example fi the labourite them. I hope him nuh have nuh Spitzerlike thing inna him closet cause sooner or later them a go try fi tear him down bigtime.

Way to go Bruce.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I bet the farin PhD's are the sensible ones.

The Englan' and local PhD need to be examined.

Where did Omar get his doctorate?

(Thanks in advance).
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

USA.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i see them flying but they got no place to land.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        Bruce Golding a set example fi the labourite them. I hope him nuh have nuh Spitzerlike thing inna him closet cause sooner or later them a go try fi tear him down bigtime.

Way to go Bruce.
                        Spitzerlike?
                        You expect anyone in JA to take that serious excepting for a laugh at him?

Merely having sex will not take down anyone in JA! ...and rightly so!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

wasn't just relating it to sex but the real letdown because of setting a high standard for himself.

But you have fi go to the SEX part eeehhhh.
                          Watch out Karl

Comment

The hypocrisy might take down a politician, but just so-suh sex?

But if a politician had prosecuted individuals or in some way embarrasingly "out" somebody's sexual escapades (and it don't even have to be gay) and then be caught doing the same, then he/she could be pressured to resign.

Like I said, I have stood side by side politicians at certain "embassies" and seen more than I need to see and nobody gives two hoots. In fact, I have said to one of them, who just happens to be JLP, that it is clear that he likes to have a good time.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Embassy or Palace ?

Comment

Working...
                              X