Rhatid bear Stearns haffe ask for a bailout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhatid bear Stearns haffe ask for a bailout

from the govt. This credit crisis seems to be entering a new and more dangerous stage.

I suspect Citigroup or some other major bank will be crying for help soon.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Citi has the deposit base to soften their blow just like JPM, BofA and Wachovia.

Wells Fargo (not much Invest Banking operations though) seems to be the only major bank that doesn't have much exposure to sub prime. Althouth they do have the slight issue of their concentration in Cali and the surrounding markets. Buffet has been increasing his share in the company.

Comment

Yes most of them seem to have gone in way over thier head.

I suspect Citi of not coming clean yet though. I don't expect them to fail or anything that dramatic but wouldn't be surprised if they have to run back to those Middle Eastern or Chinese funds for some cash again.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Nuh Bear Stearns tek it pon demself fi credit rate all kinda people including Jamaica!?

heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Nuh Bear Stearns tek it pon demself fi credit rate all kinda people including Jamaica!?

heh heh!
          Mo - now is your turn to gi dem a rating
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mi nuh rate dem none at all!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              from the govt. This credit crisis seems to be entering a new and more dangerous stage.

Just gwaan buy gold and chill.

LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post

Citi get help a-readi!
                Yuh figet di funds injected from outside of the country sources?

...but yuh rite fi tink dat before dis ting ova more banks affi get help!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X