Strange ... on various programs and reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange ... on various programs and reading

various articles, people have been mocking the man studying for his CAPE because he says he will be seeking cheap money. Ralston Hyman, Ronnie Thwaites, OMar Davis and the biggest PNP ass kisser that exist ... Garnet Roper all been saying that the gov't having problems raising money to finance the upcoming budget.

Strange enough, CM last night played a clip which the CAPE applicant was talking and he made it clear that they have raised U$170 million at no more than 5%. Now even I was amazed seeing how things stay globally. I was of the impression that Jamaica didn't qualify for loans from the IDB? Apparently Hyman nuh know what him taling bout.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

As me say the work of Shaw need to be judge after the budget presentation.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      As me say the work of Shaw need to be judge after the budget presentation.
      For me, its various factors. Presenting the budget is one thing.

I'm looking at the expansion of the economy, how they manage to reduce the debt, sticking to the budget that was presented etc.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Going after tax dodgers is a good move. Dem fi also go after merchants who claim sey dem haffi pay taxes to the Dons, and that dem caan afford fi pay dem fair share of taxes to the Gov't.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Lazie it is not simple presenting the budget but tying everything togather and presenting a clear and precise economic policy.

I would like to know if these flights to Europe and America was worth it, can he deliver on some of his promises? The budget will present an oppurtunity for him to tell us what he has achieved in terms of financing, and how he is going to use it to grow the economy.

It is not the reading of the budget and wining an argument but presenting a clear vision and what to expect.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Lazie it is not simple presenting the budget but tying everything togather and presenting a clear and precise economic policy.

I would like to know if these flights to Europe and America was worth it, can he deliver on some of his promises? The budget will present an oppurtunity for him to tell us what he has achieved in terms of financing, and how he is going to use it to grow the economy.

It is not the reading of the budget and wining an argument but presenting a clear vision and what to expect.
            Well be careful. He sounded upset as people were putting it in the media that his trips overseas was to get money to fund the budget, and he is insisting that the trips were to introduce the new team to the investors. Who do we believe?

There are certain things that we honestly cannot expect to be implemented now. I recall Willi saying that the plans presented was a 2 term.
            Last edited by Lazie; March 11, 2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Well as you know finance ministry is not pretty thing and them have to buckle down so that is why I want to know what he has done so far and what are his policies for the future.

As I said before I wouldn't judge his performance before the budget. I don't care about the sweet talk just the facts. How will we be paying for the budget and what areas are targeted for growth, and how can people participate with confidence. It is not about talk and no action as we are used to it is about presenting a comprehensive plan with cold hard facts.

Comment

Working...
              X