Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama adviser resigns over comment

Posted: 02:21 PM ET

(CNN) — Samantha Power has resigned her position from Barack Obama's campaign after calling Hillary Clinton a 'monster,' the Illinois senator's campaign announced.

“With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an advisor the Obama campaign effective today," Power said in a statement issued by the campaign. "Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months."

The Obama campaign said that the decision was Power’s, and stressed that “she was an adviser, not a paid staffer.”

"She made the decision to resign and we accepted," said communications director Robert Gibbs.

Earlier in the day, the Clinton campaign had called for Obama to end Power's association with his campaign.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Obama is being too much of a gentleman wid Hillary. Him nuh need fi start hit back. Him need fi bring it to the fore that Hillary is pusing McCain's into the presidency.

Damn ... Barrack ... fight back bro!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How is Hillary pushing McCain into the presidency any more than Obama is?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        How is Hillary pushing McCain into the presidency any more than Obama is?
        Man ... if I was a McCain strategist ... all I'd do is use sound bites from Clinton.

"Sentor McCain has a lifetime of experience, I have a lifetime of experience, all Senator Obama did was give a speech in 2002!"

I'm not aware of Obama giving such an endorsement to McCain. I may have missed it.

Comment

hilarry nuh easy, shi cry, shi throw tantrum, shi whine....funny thing is that the population reacts positively..

shi cry ....shi win new hampshire, shi throw tantrun and whine about first question and easy question shi win texas and ohio.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Her team saw that she got results from the "red phone ringing at the White House" at 3:00 AM so I guess she wants to plug away at that.

I get your point though, it is putting the Republican candidate before a potential Democratic candidate.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Posted: 02:21 PM ET

(CNN) — Samantha Power has resigned her position from Barack Obama's campaign after calling Hillary Clinton a 'monster,' the Illinois senator's campaign announced.

“With deep regret, I am resigning from my role as an advisor the Obama campaign effective today," Power said in a statement issued by the campaign. "Last Monday, I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I extend my deepest apologies to Senator Clinton, Senator Obama, and the remarkable team I have worked with over these long 14 months."

The Obama campaign said that the decision was Power’s, and stressed that “she was an adviser, not a paid staffer.”

"She made the decision to resign and we accepted," said communications director Robert Gibbs.

Earlier in the day, the Clinton campaign had called for Obama to end Power's association with his campaign.
              Cho...den seh worse dan dat bout Hillary!
              If all those involved in the assassination of Hillary resigned there would be no one left with Obama...even his wife would be gone!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Her team saw that she got results from the "red phone ringing at the White House" at 3:00 AM so I guess she wants to plug away at that.

I get your point though, it is putting the Republican candidate before a potential Democratic candidate.
                It is telling the truth on those left in the race! ...as I said on this site I could not understand how Hillary took Obama's campaign lying on her for so long!

Those underground e-mails they sent out on "her being a wife in the Whitehouse meant she never had any experience dealing with foreign governments, heads of government and other government officials...and thus did nothing to aid any US policy". ...and he said it again and again...!

...and there were more lies some told right on the podium in debates and she said nothing. Now she is presenting facts to refute some of them. ...and it is called "negative". Yet when he told his lies it was not negative, it was "setting the record straight"!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The adviser takes the fall

Samantha PowerBorn: 1970
                  Birthplace: Dungarvan, County Waterford, Ireland

Race or Ethnicity: White
                  Nationality: United States
                  Executive summary: A Problem From Hell
                  Having emigrated to the United States in 1979, Power is Executive Director of the Carr Center for Human Rights Policy. After serving in the 1990s as a reporter in Bosnia, her Pulitzer Prize-winning work A Problem From Hell tracks genocide in the 20th Century starting with the Turkish annihilation of the Armenians. Occasionally appearing as a talking head on such programs as Bill Moyers Now, she currently resides in Winthrop, MA.
                  Father: Jim Power (d., cirrhosis)
                  Mother: (physician)

High School: Lakeside High School, Atlanta, GA
                  University: Yale University (1992)
                  Law School: Harvard Law School (1999)
                  Professor: John F. Kennedy School of Government

Time foreign policy columnist (2007)
                  US News and World Report Reporter (1993-96)
                  The Economist Reporter in Yugoslavia (1993-96)
                  Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
                  International Crisis Group 1996
                  International Rescue Committee Board of Directors
                  Obama for America
                  Pulitzer Prize for Nonfiction 2003 for A Problem from Hell
                  Irish Ancestry

FILMOGRAPHY AS ACTOR
                  The Low Down (6-Aug-2000)

Official Website:
                  http://samanthapower.blogspot.com/
                  Author of books:
                  A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide (2002)
                  Chasing the Flame: Sergio Vieira de Mello and the Fight to Save the World (2008)
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

At best it is exaggerating the truth.

Why is it that his work as a community organizer, civil rights attorney and state-level senator counts for nothing, while being first lady counts for so much? What did she ahcieve as first lady? Her biggest project was her attempt at Health Care reform and it was a major failure.

Comment

There seems to be more than one Senator Clinton, will the real one stand up, resorting to scare tatics. Hosts of character flaws.
                      Obama has done two things wrong in my opinion;allowing himself to be drawn into a tic for tac discussion with not only the JC but also the President, while in a heated contest with Hillary, and the NAFTA saga(the fellow responsible should resign).
                      Polls still show Obama has a better chance of beating JC.
                      I think my general observation that the two major political parties in most countries are incorrigible.

Blessed

Comment

what about the canadian controversy?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I have to agree with your last statement. Democracy as we know it seems to be failing to produce good results, yet so far it is the best of the available options. It is truly a mystery to me how mankind has not found a better way of selecting governments.

Comment

lol, that would deviate from his message aboput a new kind of campaigne, plus yo cyaa go toe to toe wid dirty politics gainst the Clintons.....

Barack betta play nice so him can get a VP appointment, Clintons remind mi of Jason..
                            Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                            Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

At best it is exaggerating the truth.

Why is it that his work as a community organizer, civil rights attorney and state-level senator counts for nothing, while being first lady counts for so much? What did she ahcieve as first lady? Her biggest project was her attempt at Health Care reform and it was a major failure.
                              Who said it counts for nothing?
                              Hillary does not go there! She says he does not have experience to be 'ready on day one'! The point is simple - look around, who has had experience that makes for being ready on day one!

Her direct reference to the question?
                              The voters shall decide! ...in fact, I have heard her more than once say, "I leave that to the voters to decide"!

Comment

Working...
                              X