More JUTC buses destroyed by fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More JUTC buses destroyed by fire

Investigations are being carried out into another mysterious fire which extensively damaged two Jamaica Urban Transit Company (JUTC) buses.

Transport Minister Mike Henry said the fire occurred at the JUTC depot in Portmore, St. Catherine on Wednesday night.

The incident occurred two weeks after four buses were destroyed by fire at the same facility.

Mr. Henry said a report had been submitted by JUTC Chairman Douglas Chambers.

"A bus that should have had (certain) amount of oil didn't have it. The second one was some electrical fault all of which he said should have been related to the repair shop and the mechanics who should have seen to it. I have asked for the report so that I can address the matter more clearly tomorrow," he said.

The RJR News Centre reported Thursday that the JUTC management had suspended ten employees who were on duty or were scheduled to be at work during the period of in which the first fire took place.

Bus washers, mechanics and maintenance supervisors are among the categories of workers off the job pending an investigation.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

When the first fire destroyed 4 buses, mi ask if a promise of nightmare and ppl took exception to it. Dem say, its highly unlikely for lightening to strike the same place twice. What unuh affi say bout this now?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      When the first fire destroyed 4 buses, mi ask if a promise of nightmare and ppl took exception to it. Dem say, its highly unlikely for lightening to strike the same place twice. What unuh affi say bout this now?
      Same nonsense took place when the JOS became a government run entity. Workers stated selling parts from the parts warehouse. ...wheels were stolen and sold...then it got to the stage where parts from buses in service started to disappear...then buses disappeared.

The government then decided to obey the workers 'unspoken' words and closed the damn thing down. Based on the workers hard work to bring that about you would think they would have thrown a party....the idiots started to carry on as if they did not know what it was they were doing/working at...to bring the closure?

Pure bawlin!

Luk lacka dem yah wuk-a dem neva di baaan den? Dem a wuk fi fi-den bawlin time!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

No you dida say no fi law them off.

Some people who are working in these institutions should be nowhere near them. Them make it bad for the good hard workers.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          No you dida say no fi law them off.

Some people who are working in these institutions should be nowhere near them. Them make it bad for the good hard workers.
          Why do you think they are acting up?
          You do know the workers in a state of uncertainty with regards to holding their jobs?

Massa each and every worker feels threatened by the JLP managers. ...and are afraid of the consequencies of 'no job'!

I am saying to create a stable climate...destroying the company is nonsense path.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I am sure criminals feel threatened by police...

We cutting away the useless fat.. just mek sure yuh relevant and yuh nuh have nutting fi worry bout.

PNP sat on their a$$es delaying the inevitable, now the JLP has to ACT in the best interest of the country... same old same old.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post

We cutting away the useless fat.. just mek sure yuh relevant and yuh nuh have nutting fi worry bout.

PNP sat on their a$$es delaying the inevitable, now the JLP has to ACT in the best interest of the country... same old same old.
              You obviously have time fi waste wid Karl.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post

Just pray it is not 'get out the PNPites' and install the 'JLPites'?

Comment

Working...
                X