Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby shot and killed in Spanish Town

Thursday, 06 March 2008

Angry residents of March Pen Road in Spanish Town, St. Catherine brought traffic to a halt near the Spanish Town bypass as they launched a fiery protest over the killing of a 10-month-old baby boy, allegedly by the police.

The shooting occurred shortly before four Thursday afternoon at 66 March Pen Road.

According to residents a team of policemen assigned to the Island Special Constabulary Force went to the community.

An aunt of the dead baby recounted what happened.

"While I was standing outside I heard two shots and I looked and saw a car and a bike police riding behind it. The police fired two shots into the air and the spent shells dropped at my feet," she said.

"When I saw that I grabbed the baby that was in front of me and ran into the shop and told the lady to lie down,"

"Then we saw when the police reached a certain part of the road and fell into a pothole. Jis hand swung towards the house and that's how the baby got shot," she continued.

The residents used tyres and other debris to block three sections of the road which is a major thoroughfare for motorists.

Policemen assigned to the St. Catherine North Division led by Deputy Superintendent in charge of operations Anthony Castell are now at the scene of the protest.

The residents are demanding that an immediate investigation take place to determine who shot the baby boy.

Motorists are now diverted from the Spanish Town Highway for the usually congested town centre.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Thursday, 06 March 2008

Angry residents of March Pen Road in Spanish Town, St. Catherine brought traffic to a halt near the Spanish Town bypass as they launched a fiery protest over the killing of a 10-month-old baby boy, allegedly by the police.

The shooting occurred shortly before four Thursday afternoon at 66 March Pen Road.

According to residents a team of policemen assigned to the Island Special Constabulary Force went to the community.

An aunt of the dead baby recounted what happened.

"While I was standing outside I heard two shots and I looked and saw a car and a bike police riding behind it. The police fired two shots into the air and the spent shells dropped at my feet," she said.

"When I saw that I grabbed the baby that was in front of me and ran into the shop and told the lady to lie down,"

"Then we saw when the police reached a certain part of the road and fell into a pothole. Jis hand swung towards the house and that's how the baby got shot," she continued.

The residents used tyres and other debris to block three sections of the road which is a major thoroughfare for motorists.

Policemen assigned to the St. Catherine North Division led by Deputy Superintendent in charge of operations Anthony Castell are now at the scene of the protest.

The residents are demanding that an immediate investigation take place to determine who shot the baby boy.

Motorists are now diverted from the Spanish Town Highway for the usually congested town centre.
    Am I to understand the cop was chasing armed and dangerous men...fell into a pot hole...and...the gun went off?

Damn pot hole!

Unfortunately if what i am understanding is true - Disarmament may have had the criminals unarmed and thus no need for th ecop to have had his gun in hand...

...but there is also another great fault to be laid at the feet of those who did not give us...and do not have us having great roads!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maybe is a Baby Bud ?

Karl ??

Comment

Working...
      X