CapeMan at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CapeMan at it again

Government ministries to brace for operational audit Thursday, 06 March 2008 Minister Audley Shaw has warned government ministries and agencies to prepare for an into their operations.

Mr. Shaw said in response to a request, the World has allocated US$300,000 to conduct a diagnostic study on corruption.

He said the study will provide for a detailed look into the operations of the ministries and agencies.

Mr. Shaw said that the mismanagement of public funds has gone on for far too long and placed the blame at the feet of the People's National Party (PNP) administration.

"After 18 years without having a some bad habits and bad practices have set in, some empires were created that operate as a law unto themselves," said Mr. Shaw.

"In the middle of this I was in the middle of the public sector salary scandal which led to the establishment of the Public Bodies and Management Act to try and rein in these government agencies but there is much more work to do," he continued.

Mr. Shaw's comments followed closely on the heels on this week's massive clampdown on businesses people who owe the government millions in arrears.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good move.

Comment

Working...
    X