No announcement yet.

Hillary stikes back. The way this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may be the "best" way but unfortunately they cannot run as co-presidents so someone will have to put thier personal ambition aside to make it happen.

Personally, I think Hillary-Obama is a stronger ticket than Obama-Hillary since it would put the inexperience question to rest and would make the muslim card much less effective, but i am sure Obama-maniacs see it differently, and if he has more delegates than her it is hard to see them accepting it unless Obama says its best for the party to do it that way.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      It may be the "best" way but unfortunately they cannot run as co-presidents so someone will have to put thier personal ambition aside to make it happen.

Personally, I think Hillary-Obama is a stronger ticket than Obama-Hillary since it would put the inexperience question to rest and would make the muslim card much less effective, but i am sure Obama-maniacs see it differently, and if he has enough delegates than her it is hard to see them accepting it unless Obama says its best for the party to do it that way.
      You sum it up...an here's our great Jamaica cure word...'nicely'!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

where is john edwards in all of this.....i think he wants to play the role of kingmaker but he is weakening his hand by waiting IMHO...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          why obama's and not clinton's?
          I have been here for almost 20 years and there is a pandering to voters who view the Confederate Flag fovourably...who have been fed a steady diet of "Hate-The Clintons". Knowing the mind set of that group I think the "Hate-Clintons factor" for the primaries trump the "Hate-(brace yuhself)di ********************" factor...for the primaries. Trust me the "hate-the ********************" factor will surface in the presidential election voting patterns...but worse if it Obama and soem "no-name".

Why you will ask, will not the combined, Hate-the Clintons/Hate di ******************** be terrible?

There are also die-hard Clintonites. (Ask Bill? If he ran today he would win in a heartbeat! ...but that is another matter.) ...and the black vote would now play the part of solidifying the TEAM! ...damn we see Obama getting 80+% of the black vote! A Hillary/Obama team would get 99.99999999+% of our vote! We could...with those two.....it is possible... even win in a few red states!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

where is john edwards in all of this.....i think he wants to play the role of kingmaker but he is weakening his hand by waiting IMHO...
            Frankly he is a non-factor. His message was already in what Hillary and Obama were saying about shoring up the less privilaged. He plays a part depending on the benevolence of Hillary and or Obama!

Comment

he has delegates.....those are a premium these days. he could be a king maker but he wants something out of it.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How does that work in this topsy-turvy election? Do the delegates HAVE to go to the person Edwards endorses, or can they do what they want on the conference floor just as the superdelegates can? If its not written in stone in the party rules all bets are off in this election.

These are the situations when democracy is tested to its limits, and usually comes up a bit short.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

he has delegates.....those are a premium these days. he could be a king maker but he wants something out of it.
                  The funny thing about it is he can encourage his delegates to vote a particular way...but he cannot of and by himself force them to do so. Those delegates are not his to give! His to keep if he had won. Could not have been taken away...but the reality is he has lost and each individual delegate has the final hand to play.

Yup! They will consider among other things the politics of their local county, state...but they have the handle on which way to go at the Convention!

Comment

Thats what I thought. What a mess!!

Comment

Working...
                    X