Hillary stikes back. The way this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary stikes back. The way this

race is going I think it will have to be settled by the superdelegates.

As things stay:

CNN:
    Pledged Sup. Delegates Total
    Obama 1257 194 1451
    Clinton 1127 238 1365
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

yup!

scrappy doo nuh have nutten on har!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Her chances remain so slim as to be nonexistent. Even though she one the two biggest states she only reduced the delegate lead by 6!

It is over. To my mind it is a measure of the naked, blind almost reckless ambition she possesses why she is still even in the race. It cannot be good for her party or the country at this point. Even the Republicans are using it (her unchecked ambition) now to further divide the Democratic party.

Comment

Its not over, and I had thought it would be over after yesterday's election. Even though the delegate gap remains, she is a viable candidate after beating Obama by 10% in Ohio. I expect her to win by a similar margin in PA as well.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

it is conceivable that at the time of the convention it will not be over....true about the raw naked ambition but she is still in it. it is also true that the scrappier the democratic fight, the more bruised the victor and the party will be.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I wonder why you say that her chances are slim when it is increasingly clear that the supedelegates will have to decide it and as it stands she has more of them than Obama has?

I agree that the Democrats have a major problems on thier hands. Obama will likely end up with more delegates and Hillary with more superdelegates. Whatever the outcome a lot of rank and file Democrats are going to be ****************ed off .

McCains chances are looking better every day and I think the only thing the Democrats can do to prevent a civil war in the party is to have both of them agreeing to be on the ticket, but first they will have to determine who will be Pres and who will be VP. If they can't come to an agreement on that behind closed doors it will be a mess anyway.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not just conceivable, it is VERY likely.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

does hilary still "have" more super delegates than obama? a few jumped ship recently...

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                  Its not over, and I had thought it would be over after yesterday's election. Even though the delegate gap remains, she is a viable candidate after beating Obama by 10% in Ohio. I expect her to win by a similar margin in PA as well.
                  Theoritically she could still win the pledged delegates race...and
                  as all those who really know the process and or follow the race knows - rightly said by Hortical - the superdelegates will put one or the other of the candidates over the top.

If it is a matter of choosing the candidate that wins states that the democrates know must be won to gain the Whitehouse - it shall be Hillary at the top of the ticket. ...and if that is the case Obama would be pressured to be her running mate.

That Hillary/Obama proposition Obama may find very attractive. It would be up to the TEAM to make America happy with their performance and position him in such a climate - The country would be come more accepting to a black being the president and good Hillary/Obama stewardship would give him a shoo in to the top job. - to more assuredly ascend to the presidency.

Now if Obama wins I get the feeling he is adverse to having Hillary as a running mate.

btw - As pure political ploy each candidate saying it is possible...if not outright saying it is on the cards...helps in these primaries.

Hillary is showing she recognises that...and is giving the "much more receptive to voters answer"! -

Her answer in a nutshell says, it is all about putting a democrat in the Whitehouse and we will do what it takes. The first thought, I am thinking the prospective presidential voter has is...she would chose OBAMA. So far Obama's answers say he would have to be dragged kicking and screaming to an acceptancce of Hillary as his running mate.

Problem is we love both candidates and having both suggests we, the votes, would have the best of both worlds. OBAMA is saying "disregard the sweet yes we can ...screw you voters, how could you be so stupid...it is about ME"!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    it is conceivable that at the time of the convention it will not be over....true about the raw naked ambition but she is still in it. it is also true that the scrappier the democratic fight, the more bruised the victor and the party will be.
                    Aaaaah?

The anti-Hillary bias shows true in Horitical's post. Hillary has naked ambition...no reference to Obama's ambition. No naked ambition there? That ofcourse is poppy-cock! Both candidates have burning desire i.e. the as said by Hortical dirty naked ambition to become president!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is more a poll than a count since no actual vote has taken place yet, but before yesterday most had her still having a superdelegate lead of about 50. There are many who have not declared yet too. After last night I am sure a few fence-sitters will switch back to Hillary.

Comment

i said raw naked......and the reason i said it is because she has been the first to go negative....

shi CRY....shi WHINE.....shi POUT and to good effect it seems. just the facts!

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                          I wonder why you say that her chances are slim when it is increasingly clear that the supedelegates will have to decide it and as it stands she has more of them than Obama has?

I agree that the Democrats have a major problems on thier hands. Obama will likely end up with more delegates and Hillary with more superdelegates. Whatever the outcome a lot of rank and file Democrats are going to be ****************ed off .

McCains chances are looking better every day and I think the only thing the Democrats can do to prevent a civil war in the party is to have both of them agreeing to be on the ticket, but first they will have to determine who will be Pres and who will be VP. If they can't come to an agreement on that behind closed doors it will be a mess anyway.
                          I have been thinking...I think I mentioned it in a previous post...that the best way out is for Hillary and Obama to meet and settle the issue....with both on the ticket. Do not even allow the superdelegates to vote on the convention floor. Come to the convention with the process settled. The voters would then close ranks and as the numbers show we are outvoting the Republicans in States that matter and would give us the presidency.

NB: I am convinced that a substantial number of Obama's votes are safe Republican presidential votes. Those folk will not vote for the democrats in the presidential election, they'll vote where their heart is - REPUBLICAN!

There is a reason why in the "privacy of polling" the exit polling numbers are showing McCain doing very well against either democrat even as combined voting numbers of Hillary and Obama should be showing him being blown out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

NB: I am convinced that a substantial number of Obama's votes are safe Republican presidential votes. Those folk will not vote for the democrats in the presidential election, they'll vote where their heart is - REPUBLICAN!
                            ... and you are convinced based on?
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

why obama's and not clinton's?

Comment

Working...
                              X