Conserve - warns Gov’t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conserve - warns Gov’t

The Government is making a desperate appeal to Jamaicans to conserve fuel as the price for oil remains above US$100 a barrel.

The new price, which reached a record level last week, has implications for Jamaica's oil import bill which stood at US$2 billion last year.

In 2006, the bill was US$1.8 billion.

Energy Minister Clive Mullings said the situation could worsen.

"The oil market is at a stage now where speculators are concerns about OPEC, and whether or not it will be cutting cut back on its production. This concern is having an effect on oil prices. We as consumers have make every effort to conserve. My concern is that we don't have a sense of urgency and we need to have that. When we roll out our conservation programme we will see how best we can save and conserve,' he said.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

When Mullings parks his SUV (either a Prado or a Pajero, I can't remember which one) he can come talk to the nation.

What level of hypocrisy!

Is this his plan for the nation?

And no, I won't park my Escalade until he parks his!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      When Mullings parks his SUV (either a Prado or a Pajero, I can't remember which one) he can come talk to the nation.

What level of hypocrisy!

Is this his plan for the nation?

And no, I won't park my Escalade until he parks his!
      Oh ohh ... what dem need fi duh is lick unuh wid a gas tax ... and charge people fi park inna certain areas. Mek it so high it will force people fi tek JUTC.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Gas useage in Jamaica has increased while the price increased thru the roof. Not sure a gas tax (don't we have one arready?) will do any good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Didn't your comrade friends in the last government buy up all dem SUVs.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

and u say this to say what?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh nuh have nuh chat round yah suh...

Watch who actually enacts the New Energy Policy.... one ting fi sure, after di JLP term, unnuh gwine si di difference between 'talkers' and 'doers'.. not that it will make much difference to the mind of certain Komrade, but that is another issue.

Comment

Working...
              X