Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cops raid home of Spencer's mom

Cops raid home of Spencer's mom

(nice, majestic house - probably need nuff lite bulb to display it's grandeur)
    published: Friday | February 29, 2008

The residence of Anthony and Peggy Erwin, the stepfather and mother of Kern Spencer, in Flat Rocks, near Black River in St Elizabeth, was searched by a joint police/military team on Wednesday night. - Photo by Nagra Plunkett

WESTERN BUREAU:
    The police were yesterday unwilling to reveal the focus of their search at the St Elizabeth residence of the mother of former State Minister Kern Spencer, who is at the centre of the Cuban light-bulb scandal.

"We are making no more comment because the matter is now sub judice. Charges have been laid, so I can't make any more official comment," said head of the Organised Crime Unit, Assistant Commissioner of Police Les Green.

A joint police/military team reportedly visited the home of Peggy Erwin and her husband, Anthony, in Flat Rocks, near Black River in St Elizabeth, about 7:00 p.m. Wednesday.

When the team left the house - the subject of a three-hour long operation - there was no indication that the lawmen had removed anything. The team also raided another house which was once occupied by Spencer's mother in New Town, Black River.

Searched business
    The Gleaner understands that the security forces also searched the business places operated by the Erwins on High Street in Black River.
    Their son, Spencer, is accused of benefiting from the energy-saving project, for which he had ministerial control and which reportedly racked up a $276-million bill.

Meanwhile, there are mixed reactions to Spencer's plight in his North East St Elizabeth constituency. "We love Kern, we adore him. I see him as a future prime minister in 15 or 20 years," said Chairman of the Windsor Mais Division, Clinton Jones. "He has to be proven guilty by the court before I change my mind, until then I stand in strong support of him."

During yesterday's 20th annual Prayer Breakfast in Montego Bay, St James, guest speaker Dr Evan Nepaul, co-founder of the Royale Medical Centre, said Spencer should not be cast aside, noting that there was good and bad in all humans.
    Last edited by Karl; February 29, 2008, 11:17 AM.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    "He has to be proven guilty by the court before I change my mind..."
    Dem lucky! Jamaican courts?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
    X