Lawyer blasts state worker over bail bond processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer blasts state worker over bail bond processing

Attorney-at-law Valerie Neita-Robertson was livid when she spoke with the RJR News Centre after word emerged that Kern Spencer and Coleen Wright would be spending another night behind bars, while her client Rodney Chin walked free Thursday afternoon.

The attorney blasted the public service for what she termed a lack of compassion.

"The people who (were) there to bail Kern Spencer and Coleen Wright, called me in deep distress and when I spoke with the Clerk of Court, and you can quote me, she said she is not processing any more bail for the day because the government doesn't pay her to work beyond 3.30 and she is hungry. Now I want to know what type of country we are running that there is no commitment, no compassion," said Mrs. Neita Robertson.

She said the closure of the courts office before the process was completed was indicative of the harsh conditions accused persons and their families face in working through the bail bonds process.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

.. but dem boy from the ghetto face dis everyday. Kern dem nuh Jamaican tuh .. Equal Opportunity.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

two things, now they know how the common man feel and secondly that Court officer should be fired.

Comment

The justice system ********************s everybody royally, especially the ghetto yute. I hope you are not saying the foolishness should continue.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

for what?

reprimanded but not fired
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            The justice system ********************s everybody royally, especially the ghetto yute. I hope you are not saying the foolishness should continue.
            As mi say Equal Opportunity. If ghetto yute guh thru it ... why should man wid money encounter anything different?

Comment

True, but how about fixing it for everybody?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                True, but how about fixing it for everybody?!?
                Fully agree with that. However when it happen to one a dem bwoy from the ghetto, we nuh hear bout it. I'm quite certain its not the first this attorney come across this ...

Comment

Working...
                X