Hortical Come Yah Faas It Reach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hortical Come Yah Faas It Reach

Now how do I go about tuning up the picture? Mi hear seh mi can't watch regular TV until 100 hours of viewing or I will get burn in on the screen. Please advise

A di likkle plasma frighten yuh suh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      A di likkle plasma frighten yuh suh?
      Stop badmind mi fi mi tings

Comment

das why yuh ongle send $10 gi Bruce? yuh neva waan touch yuh plasma money!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A wha type of screen yuh get? LCD, Plasma or DLP?
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Plasma.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...l?tag=pdtl-img
            Last edited by Bricktop; February 27, 2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

That was $25 and i'm still waiting on my $40 refund. I was not aware they were taking my money to plaster this horrid sites name on the jersey

Comment

Damn, yuh nuh mess around. Plasma give you the best HD picture out there.

To be honest brethren, my experience is with a LCD screen. Yuh might have to work with the manual to fine tune it. I don't newer plasma screens have problems with the images from the TV getting burnt into the screen.

Get the most from your HDTV
                Once you have your new TV at home, make sure you're getting the best picture.

Put all the pieces in place. When you plug in your new HDTV, everything won't magically turn into high-definition. If this is your first HD set, make sure you have everything required to watch HD. A surprising number of HDTV owners, about half by some estimates, are not getting HD programming because they're missing something.

To get high-def content from a cable, satellite, or phone company, you need:

HD service. Digital programming can be either standard- or high-definition, so you must specify that you want high-def.

An HD-capable receiver. You can lease or buy one from the provider. Check the manual to be sure the receiver is properly set for HD.

Component-video or HDMI cables. You need these to convey high-def from the receiver to the TV; other cables, such as S-video, can't carry high-def. You don't need pricey cables; any decently constructed cables are fine for typical use.

An HD channel. The HD version of a channel has a different number from its standard-definition counterpart and usually has the letters HD in the onscreen program guide listing. You'll notice some variation in picture quality on different HD channels and even among programs on the same station. That's because even HD channels sometimes show standard-definition programs (usually indicated by dark bars on the sides of the images). Also, the quality of HD signals being fed to the TV varies, depending on whether a program originated as HD or was converted from a lower resolution and how much the signal was compressed in transmission. Even the best set can't display top quality from a mediocre signal, so don't blame the TV.

That's especially true with standard-definition programs such as old TV reruns and VHS videos. In fact, such programming can actually look worse than it did on your analog set because a big-screen HDTV can accentuate the flaws in a poor signal.

While most consumers pay for high-definition TV from cable or satellite, you can get free off-air broadcast HD if you have a UHF/VHF antenna and an HDTV with a digital ATSC tuner (all new TVs have one) or an HD-ready TV used with a digital converter box. You must be near a TV station transmitting digital signals, with no trees or buildings in the way.

FINE-TUNE THE PICTURE

When you turn on your new TV, don't panic if it doesn't look as stunning as it did in the showroom. The default factory settings on most TVs are designed to create a super-bright, vividly colored image to lure shoppers, but they're almost always a bad choice for use at home. Tweaking the settings can greatly improve picture quality.

Adjusting picture settings individually can yield better quality, but it's easier to use presets. Try them first to see if the results satisfy you. Press the menu button on the remote to access the video or picture menu. See what picture mode is in use. It's most likely Vivid or Dynamic. Scroll through the list. The Pro, Cinema, or Standard mode (names vary by brand) is usually best. As you switch modes, settings for brightness, color, sharpness, and other attributes will change.

If you want to adjust settings individually, choose the Custom or User mode. Adjust brightness and contrast first, then fine-tune color. A good practice is to set attributes to a middle or neutral position, then adjust up or down until the image pleases you. Generally, high settings for brightness, color, and sharpness don't yield the most natural-looking picture.

An image containing people and a mix of dark and light areas is best for fine-tuning.Play a DVD or DVR recording and freeze on a good image. You can also buy or rent a DVD with test patterns and tips on calibrating a TV picture. Among such discs are Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials and Ovation Multimedia's Avia.
                Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Hortical - do you make Service Calls
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

A wha dis faada?!? Oh, to tune di TV! heh heh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                      Damn, yuh nuh mess around. Plasma give you the best HD picture out there.
                      I was torn between a projection LCD and the plasma. My brother has the 52'' Sony LCD and it looks really nice. The only reason i can afford it cause mi jus pay off mi car so I just decided to put that money and buy the TV. I will be drinking tea for lunch for the next 6 months

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                      You can also buy or rent a DVD with test patterns and tips on calibrating a TV picture. Among such discs are Joe Kane's Digital Video Essentials and Ovation Multimedia's Avia.
                      I think I'm gonna get one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        A wha dis faada?!? Oh, to tune di TV! heh heh!
                        You betta archive these instructions, yuh may need them in the future
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                          You betta archive these instructions, yuh may need them in the future
                          I doubt it

Comment

So true. Is a likkle b&w 13" tv mi have and mi nuh see nuh reason fi change it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                            X