X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers blast media for coverage of Cuban Light Bulb Scandal

Lawyers blast media for coverage of Cuban Light Bulb Scandal

Wednesday, 27 February 2008

Lawyers for Kern Spencer and Rodney Chin have blasted members of the media for their coverage of the case.

Attorney for Kern Spencer, Patrick Atkinson, under relentless quizzing from members of the media Tuesday night, said the case was being tried in the court of public opinion.

He claimed a witch hunt was launched against his client.

Meanwhile, attorney for Rodney Chin, Valerie Neita-Robertson would give nothing away to members of the media despite intense questioning.

"I will say nothing at this time, the matter is to go before the court at that time I will speak...I know the media has a job to do but I have a problem with the bias and I would adopt senior counsel's view that it is a witch hunt but in due course all will be revealed," said Mrs. Neita-Robinson.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Blast?!? Valerie Neita-Robertson's "interview" outside of OCID yesterday was nothing blast-like. Unless the blast came from Atkinson.

Maybe the media does not need to chill fi real!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

witch hunt? well the appropriate question is...is he a witch!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

dem can come wid red herring all dem want.

UNDA DI JAIL WI A PUT DEM

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          witch hunt? well the appropriate question is...is he a witch!

BTW -
          Re: Patrick Atkinson - Yuh kno the former Mannings (880 yards) and Wolmers (880 yards & mile) man is a die-hard JLP man?
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            BTW -
            Re: Patrick Atkinson - Yuh kno the former Mannings (880 yards) and Wolmers (880 yards & mile) man is a die-hard JLP man?
            Suh how yuh know him couldn't change allegiance
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

or collect some a di money whe a splash.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

jeezas crise!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you see him?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

THe JLP used the controversy for political gains, and as far as they are concern, it is a foregone conclusion that the participants were all guilty. It is not just the news..being bruited by the media, the ruling party flamed the fire, which makes it even more unique.
                    They may very well be guilty, but I do believe the feeding frenzy...arguably made it less likely of finding anyone that really think those charged are in any way innocent. Is as if no one thought the matter would reach the courts.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      or collect some a di money whe a splash.
                      I am sure his invoice is 'being prepared' as the clock ticks on this case!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

jeezas crise!
                        is this lawyereeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeee?

Aren't you all not supposed to give best representation regardless of any outside biases...or positions held???

Did not NW Manley represent JLPites...and rumour has it never lost a case? ...or rarely lost a case? ...or some such thing...?

...and would it be unfair to label NW Manley a PNP diehard?

Comment

leave lawyering to lawyers!

as long as people put party before country jamaica will continue to suffer!

Comment

When I hear fanatics like Karl and JAwge talk, I can appreciate why some say not to mix religion wid politics.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...and where was I trying to take lawyering from lawyers?

...and I certainly did not even try to put party before our country or suggest anyone do so!
                              Last edited by Karl; February 28, 2008, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X