Dodd endorses Obama, says he's ready to be president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodd endorses Obama, says he's ready to be president

Former Democratic presidential candidate Chris Dodd endorsed Sen. Barack Obama for president on Tuesday.

A former adviser for Dodd said the timing of the Connecticut senator's endorsement "works pretty well" given that foreign policy has become a key issue of the campaign.
    "With Clinton on the attack, a recognized leader on foreign and military affairs is vouching for Obama's readiness," the Dodd adviser told CNN.
    Dodd dropped out of the race for the Democratic nomination following the Iowa caucuses on January 3.
    He's a senior member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations and chairman of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs.
    In an e-mail to supporters Tuesday morning, Dodd wrote, "While both of our party's remaining candidates are extremely talented and would make an excellent commander-in-chief, I am throwing my support to the candidate who I believe will open the most eyes to our shared Democratic vision.
    "I'm deeply proud to be the first 2008 Democratic presidential candidate to endorse Barack Obama," he added. "He is ready to be president. And I am ready to support him - to work with him and for him and help elect him our 44th president."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)
Working...
X