I do hope that tonight's debate isn't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do hope that tonight's debate isn't

a mushy affair. I want both candidates to go after each other. Dem can kiss and hug at the end of the bout. Cyaan tek the foolishness bout, "I'm honored to be here with you!"

Tek off the gloves!!!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I don't think Hillary going to even PUT ON the gloves! She has almost nothing to lose now.

I expect her to attack and Obama to bob and weave with some fancy footwork and throw in a punch here and there.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      I don't think Hillary going to even PUT ON the gloves! She has almost nothing to lose now.

I expect her to attack and Obama to bob and weave with some fancy footwork and throw in a punch here and there.
      unnuh blood-thirsty, babba?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

A question I wish they would ask Obama and Hillary. Maybe the Obamacans or Clintonians on this site can answer:

Assuming you win and decide to go through and pull troops out of Iraq, then what happens to Iraq and by extension the Middle East?

Is it one of these:

a) who cares, its not our problem
        b) Its Bushes fault anyway, so whatever happens I will blame him for it
        c) Iraq will be OK, Al Queda is a defeated force
        d) I haven't figured it out yet, I will revist when I win the election
        e) None of the above
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

A question I wish they would ask Obama and Hillary. Maybe the Obamacans or Clintonians on this site can answer:

Assuming you win and decide to go through and pull troops out of Iraq, then what happens to Iraq and by extension the Middle East?

Is it one of these:

e) None of the above
          The most ignored GOP candidate Ron Paul has been consistent on one thing. The USA need to stay out of other people's affairs ... stop trying to solve everybody's problem and allow people to resolve their problems themselves.

Hillary is correct ... the Iraqi gov't and people need to step up to the plate.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Is it one of these:

e) None of the above
            If you listen carefully - Senator Clinton says she will not pull out all the troops! ...she'll stop the war and allow the Iraqi people to finish mopping up insurgents and come to some political understanding on how to rule the country ...and she'll be keeping a presence in the area.

Suggests to me that troops in Iraq to protect US interests and a force in a neighbouring friendly country is what I can expect from a Clinton Presidency.
            Last edited by Karl; February 26, 2008, 10:37 AM.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is that an answer to the question or just some general observations?

Comment

That is pretty much what I would expect too, and in fact it is the only logical thing to do. Obama knows this fully well too even though he is blowing smoke about pulling out troops within a year.

Here is the thing though, is the war really over in such a scenario? These insurgents are not going to stop planting roadside bombs and picking off US soldiers just because the new President says "the war is over and I am in peacekeeping mode". Thats why I say troops will be in Iraq for decades.It is a better scenario than McCains 100 year war plan though.

Comment

Same thing Bush use to say, look where it got us.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hillary is not going to risk damaging her position in the democractic party.

If yuh want to see blood, reserve tickets for the real fight.. Obama VS Mcain.. is den yuh gwine haffi wince.

Sorry fi Obama den...

Comment

Is it one of these:

e) None of the above

Islandman - add another caption
                      f) All of the above
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

You sure you shouldn't reserve your sympathy for McCain?

This Obama bredda yah is a real charmer, him GOOD!

Comment

When di Right-Wing press dun with Obama... wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Comment

Dem going to come with Shock and Awe, but apart from Fox News and to a lesser extent the Wall Street Journal, most of the mainstream press is sympathetic to him. NY Times, Wash Post, MSNBC, even most of CNN.

Talk radio will crucify him for sure but they are still wounded from losing the battle against McCain in the Rep. race.

This bredda is a hard one to hit, Mohammad Ali would be impressed!

Comment

We will see how good him is when di REAL fight start..

Brace yuhself.

Comment

Working...
                              X