Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is really ready day one?! Compare The Legislative Record

Let's take a closer look at who's really qualified and or who's really
    working for the good of all of us in the Senate. Obama or Clinton.

Records of these two candidates should be scrutinized in order to make
    an informed decision.

Senator Clinton, who has served only one full term - 6yrs. - and
    another year campaigning, has managed to author and pass into law - 20
    - twenty pieces of legislation in her first six years.

These bills can be found on the website of the Library of Congress www.thomas.loc.gov , but to save you trouble, I'll post them here for you.

1. Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.
    2. Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month.
    3. Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
    4. Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall.
    5. Name courthouse after James L. Watson.
    6. Name post office after Jonn A. O'Shea.
    7. Designate Aug. 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
    8. Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
    9. Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death.
    10. Congratulate the Syracuse Univ. Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
    11. Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
    12. Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program.
    13. Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.
    14. Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death.
    15. Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty. Only five of Clinton's bills are, more substantive.
    16. Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11.
    17. Pay for city projects in response to 9/11
    18. Assist landmine victims in other countries.
    19. Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.
    20. Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the wilderness preservation system.

There you have it, the facts straight from the Senate Record.
    Now, I would post those of Obama's, but the list is too substantive, so I'll mainly categorize.

During the first - 8 - eight years of his elected service he sponsored over 820 bills. He introduced:
    233 regarding healthcare reform,
    125 on poverty and public assistance,
    112 crime fighting bills,
    97 economic bills,
    60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,
    21 ethics reform bills,
    15 gun control,
    6 veterans affairs and many others.

His first year in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427. These included

**the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law,

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law,

**The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, passed the Senate,

**The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law,

**The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill, In committee, and many more.

In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 bills and co-sponsored another 1096.

An impressive record, for someone who supposedly has no record according to some who would prefer that this comparison not be made public.

He's not just a talker.

He's a doer.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
    Let's take a closer look at who's really qualified and or who's really
    working for the good of all of us in the Senate. Obama or Clinton.

Records of these two candidates should be scrutinized in order to make
    an informed decision.

Senator Clinton, who has served only one full term - 6yrs. - and
    another year campaigning, has managed to author and pass into law - 20
    - twenty pieces of legislation in her first six years.

These bills can be found on the website of the Library of Congress www.thomas.loc.gov , but to save you trouble, I'll post them here for you.

1. Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.
    2. Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month.
    3. Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.
    4. Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall.
    5. Name courthouse after James L. Watson.
    6. Name post office after Jonn A. O'Shea.
    7. Designate Aug. 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
    8. Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day.
    9. Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death.
    10. Congratulate the Syracuse Univ. Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
    11. Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
    12. Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program.
    13. Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.
    14. Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death.
    15. Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty. Only five of Clinton's bills are, more substantive.
    16. Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11.
    17. Pay for city projects in response to 9/11
    18. Assist landmine victims in other countries.
    19. Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.
    20. Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the wilderness preservation system.

There you have it, the facts straight from the Senate Record.
    Now, I would post those of Obama's, but the list is too substantive, so I'll mainly categorize.

During the first - 8 - eight years of his elected service he sponsored over 820 bills. He introduced:
    233 regarding healthcare reform,
    125 on poverty and public assistance,
    112 crime fighting bills,
    97 economic bills,
    60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,
    21 ethics reform bills,
    15 gun control,
    6 veterans affairs and many others.

His first year in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 bills and co-sponsored another 427. These included

**the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006 - became law,

**The Lugar-Obama Nuclear Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, - became law,

**The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, passed the Senate,

**The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law,

**The Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill, In committee, and many more.

In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890 bills and co-sponsored another 1096.

An impressive record, for someone who supposedly has no record according to some who would prefer that this comparison not be made public.

He's not just a talker.

He's a doer.
    Question - Is the highlighted - He is not just a talker. He is a doer. - your pronouncements on this post?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Strange not many of the bills Mrs. Clinton authored and or co-sponsored is in this list?

What has happened to her actions concerning Darfur?
      An oversight by the writer/presenter?

What about her many actions to members of the Armed Forces - Active members and Veterans?

...and her lifelong push for matters affecting health care, children and women?

Oversights?

...and what of the many more issues Hillary has worked on?

Hillary Clinton has been lied on so many times by the establishment that having the Obama people join that self-same establishment and their lies is painful...not funny...but not too unexpected?

Yet...one wonders, why?
      ...then again...the Obama message is I shall change Washington by nice talk...and I am the only agent of change...and certainly Hillary is not.

Yes there are specifics twisted with some truth woven in...that Obama provides concrete lying by omission - e.g. Hillary will mandate Health Care (He leaves out Universal) and take the funds by force..."She will put her hand in your pockets and take your money, my plan does not" - yes he leaves out that he also mandates paying for some part of his Health Care package...but he does not say that that means doing the very same thing in those cases...doing the same thing he accuses Hillary of doing? Lying by omission.

...and he goes on and on - out of Iraq in a few months? Lying talk...but if the people love it we can only HOPE that there will be others around to eventually get him to seek the 'truth track'!!!

Hey...I'll borrow this from Tony Sachs -
      Back in 2000, the Republicans thought they could beat Hillary in the New York Senate race by throwing out a candidate whose platform was little more than "I'm running against HILLARY CLINTON!" After she became a senator, Republicans who might as well have greeted her with crucifixes and garlic and silver bullets learned they could work with her and, grudgingly, learned to respect her. Working across the aisle -- if that's not change, I don't know what is. How ironic that her own party had to wind up doing the GOP's dirty work.

Well, I'm preparing. I've already bought my Obama pin and will stick it on my lapel as soon as he clinches the nomination. I'm practicing my best "Yes We Can!"s in the mirror. Not that I've never thought anyone but John McCain will win this election come November, no matter who the Dems' candidate is. But my heart belongs to Hillary, and I'm sad that I probably won't get to see her give it a shot. You got a raw deal, Mrs. C.
      Even if Mrs. Clinton comes back and wins and becomes President, I must still ask - Why?
      Last edited by Karl; February 24, 2008, 11:52 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X