Horace Chang blocks park development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
    Jawge - that is what Chang is against, did you read the article and what he had to say?
    Forget it Mdmex. Jawge and Karl look at who take what position and then work from there. Two peas in a pod I tell you.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Let me give it to you staright: He
      wants to develop "dump up" into a park because he already promised the old hospital site for a 200 room hotel. He will block development for
      the old hospital site and at the same time offering "dump up" in the interest of the people. Right now locals and tourist intermingle on the old hospital site. I can't see a huge hotel being built on that narrow stretch which is already congested but the power of money will do anything.

Comment

Suh a park won't add to the congestion ???

I don't see what sense a park makes on a 5 acre site in the middle of the Hip Strip.

Help me out here.

Comment

Jawge.. please.. let us not go there...

There is no physical reason why a park cannot be situated at Dump Up.

Draw reverse and come again.

Comment

You cliam to be a critical thinker; tell
            me which would add more congestion. A park for pedestrians or a two hundred room hotel? Where would the sewage disposal be located for this huge hotel?

We are back to members only Dcave days. I can't see why local Jakans can't access a park on the old hospital site.

You should ask Chang; what is he preserving the old hospital site for? Is it that he feels the locals aren't good enough to mingle with the tourists? I'm searching for answers here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              You cliam to be a critical thinker; tell
              me which would add more congestion. A park for pedestrians or a two hundred room hotel? Where would the sewage disposal be located for this huge hotel?

We are back to members only Dcave days. I can't see why local Jakans can't access a park on the old hospital site.

You should ask Chang; what is he preserving the old hospital site for? Is it that he feels the locals aren't good enough to mingle with the tourists? I'm searching for answers here.
              Dem seh is a 20 year battle...

Chang nuh just come ? Who was in control for the last 18 years ???

Is how yuh have suh much mout these days ??? Why yuh nuh check wid di previous administration and find out what dem was tinking..

Yuh in quicksand and nuh even know it.

Comment

Where were you when Chang was proposing a 200 room
                hotel for the hospital site? Quicksand? yuh need glasses.

Comment

Dem seh is 20 years dem battling over di site.

Is Chang stop di Chamber of Commerce from putting a park there before September 3rd 2007 ?

Where were you then .. in hibernation ?

Comment

It's obvious that you know nothing of Mobay.

Comment

LOL !! WHOOEEE !!

Ok Missa $1 a Gallon..

WHOOEEE !!

Comment

Lazie jwage is trying to show you the relationship between the proposed site and dump up beach. I dont know why chang thinks dump up is more central. But at the same time didn't chang get a whole heap of money to do something by flankers and all now nothing happening? It seems like he just like to be important. He need to start work and let them build the green space on glouster ave.

Comment

It reclaimed land from the sea. Also mi nah si dung down deh a blood fire... It would do nothing for the tourist but would for locals who were brave enough. I dont think chang is being genuine.

Comment

What genuine have tuh do wid it.. it make sense to me.

Yuh tink is only Chang have the idea of a park there ?

Yuh woulda frighten who else want dat 'reclaimed land'

Comment

What yuh expect tuh see happening by Flankers ?

Jawge cyaan show nuhbaddy nutting.

Dump up is far more central than Old Hospital site.. how much more central yuh want to be dan across from Kentucy ?

Where would YOU build a park for Mobay ? Middle of Hip-Strip ????

Ah wheh di...

Comment

Montego Bay park fuss

There are two parks in Montego Bay, one at the Freeport - which is virtually unused - and the other in the centre of the city which is continually in use by many of the town's people. The one in use is the only open green space in town and has been so since the hospital was moved from there to its present position. There is apparently yet another plan afoot to sell the site for development. Why do the developers repeatedly try to remove from the people of Montego Bay their only open space? Why not sell the other park that is not used, up near the cruise-ship pier, and put the hotel there?

Let's get our values right. Sometimes, we do need to put people first and this piece of open land belongs to the people of the town. In fact, the Chamber of Commerce has in hand specific plans to beautify the site as a public park. - Geoffrey de Sola Pinto, desola@cwjamaica.com
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X