The Moral authority

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Moral authority

How can the ministry of finance who billions in government deduction which was paid by their workers in institutions such as Air Jamaica, JUTC and others go after other entities who owe these deductions?

We often criticise the big man but shouldn't our government be an example of what they want to achieve? If I was taken to court for owing any deduction, I would also take the government of Jamaica to court as well. I may not win, and Gamma I may need your help but I would certainly make a point.

Time fi the foolishness stop and government represent the people instead of being a leach on the people of Jamaica.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

hmmmm...novel point. as a jamaican do you have the standing to take the ministry to court.....that is a case i would involve myself with to make a point...HOWEVER...if you take it to court BECAUSE you are taken to court you would still have to pay the taxes you owe....youcannot and will not be exempted because the government did not pay theirs.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True well then make we make it two seperate case then. Wha you think? It worth a try?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes...iwould argue that you have standing because the failure to pay taxes affect you directly (government has less revenue to spend on the citizen....ef yuh suing from america that would SURELY weaken yuh case)....plus the government supposed to working FOR the people.

one would have to check what, if any, immunity the ministries have.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X