No announcement yet.

NHT pays $400m for useless lands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you admitting that someone else brought up Caribbean Terrace? Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no I actually asked if is was there.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        The fact is the man state that all land in Jamaica is suitable to build on hense the reason why the arguement started.
        Just asking - which man said that?
        ...and, not saying I agree or do not agree that "all land in Jamaica is suitable to build on"...

...although all I have seen of our rivers and gully banks...damn gullies...could be engineered to hold structures spanning them or anchored with deep driven foundations...damn there are oil platforms and dams with living quarters...even heard there are structures under the sea...which could be ultilised as living space - costly to do that engineering but possible! ...but that is another matter...

...just want to know who said, "all land in Jamaica is suitable to build on"?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"No such thing as waste land in Jamaica,same damn thing was said of Negril."

Take it how you want it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

unnuh gone off on a tangent...the issue was nht's purchasing of swampt land....if the purpose of the NHT is to provide affordable housing, how prudent it is to build on swampland?

THAT is the issue. why would the NHT want to engage in wholescal draing, drilling and building of bridge?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              That man you talk about is none other than Carvel Stewart, a highly respected engineer and football administrator. And a thoughtful, respectable and decent man. Unnu can stay a farin and throw wud pon good good Jamaicans whose name has only been sullied because of the politicking and tribalism that is still going on in our football circles.

For decades, the residents of Caribbean Terrace have enjoyed their lovely neighbourhood by the sea and not one striking thing happened to them or their property. Some of you in Babylon live in tornado alleys, and hurricane zones that can be wiped out in a similar fashion. The fact that it hasn't happened yet has allowed all of you to gloat and act like unnu have more sense than us stupid Jamaicans.

People still live there and unless you have somewhere safe for them to relocate to, then shut unnu trap!

Yes, mi bend! Sick of unnu foolishness!
              Mo - easy & steady yuhself! Yes nuff a we eena Babylon tornado alley, and nobady a gloat ova anything.
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Mi kool. How yuh duh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  unnuh gone off on a tangent...the issue was nht's purchasing of swampt land....if the purpose of the NHT is to provide affordable housing, how prudent it is to build on swampland?

THAT is the issue. why would the NHT want to engage in wholescal draing, drilling and building of bridge?
                  Why dem bredda dem innah Flo-reee-da buy swamp lands fi affordable housing?

I suppose you buy where you can find?????

...yet you raise questions on availability of lands at the time the purchase was made...and was the price paid fair market value????

...and one cannot help wondering iffen a likle 'unda di table deal di mek'????
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X