No announcement yet.

Shaw statement on land purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one question...is it one piece of land or 2?

i have suspicions about the transfer of the road.....that is where the legal wrong would occur....the law allows adverse possession and so that was not illegal...nor is the creation of an easement out of necessity ....by his use of the old road....it is poor taste but not illegal.

the transfer ..that is the issue because if he never paid for it (having not been there sufficiently long to acquire it by adverse possession) then he cannot transfer it and cannot receive any consideration for it.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You have chosen an interpretation of Audley Shaw's statement that makes no sense.

How can he defend himself by admitting that he 'stole' land ????

Think about it a bit.

Here is my interpretation.

Audley Shaw has acquired land upon which he intends to build a Gas Station. There is a piece of land owned by the Government that has to be acquired to allow access to his property. While awaiting a valuation on said land for purpose of acquisition, Audley Shaw has, with the permission of the Owners 'taken possession' in order to provide an access road to his Gas Station until such time as a valuation is provided for the purpose of purchase.

Prior to the acquisition of the Govt Land, the Gas Station changed ownerhip and the new owners subsequently purchased the Govt Land.

That is my interpretation and my mind the ONLY one that makes sense as a defense to Peart's accusation.

What do you think Audley Shaw is trying to say ?

Comment

Correction.. your interpretation is highly suspect.

I suspect termites has infected your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
          You have chosen an interpretation of Audley Shaw's statement that makes no sense.

How can he defend himself by admitting that he 'stole' land ????

Think about it a bit.

Here is my interpretation.

Audley Shaw has acquired land upon which he intends to build a Gas Station. There is a piece of land owned by the Government that has to be acquired to allow access to his property. While awaiting a valuation on said land for purpose of acquisition, Audley Shaw has, with the permission of the Owners 'taken possession' in order to provide an access road to his Gas Station until such time as a valuation is provided for the purpose of purchase.

Prior to the acquisition of the Govt Land, the Gas Station changed ownerhip and the new owners subsequently purchased the Govt Land.

That is my interpretation and my mind the ONLY one that makes sense as a defense to Peart's accusation.

What do you think Audley Shaw is trying to say ?

I am very disappointed that Karl and Mo. have not attempted to respond to this.

Come on gentlemen, fortune favours the brave!..........and besides, I could always use another laugh..............

Comment

Peejay

I am from Christiana and it is Two piece of land. The old Road which is the only access point and the Land where the gas station is.

Gamma and Maudib are correct in their assessment.

End of story. This area is where the old Agricultural food Market or depot was.....It is called "Market ting" by Christiana Residents...My Grandmother would send us there to sell our coffee berries, Cho Cho and other Agricultural products in the 70s. The inspectors would fondle, pick and refuse each individual products they deem worthy and of good standards.

Two different piece a land....Gas Station part and government old road part.

Now unuh can commence interpretation from this fact..
            "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Working...
            X