• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaw statement on land purchase

Shaw statement on land purchase
    published: Thursday | February 21, 2008

THE EDITOR, Sir:
    Reference is made to the articles in The Gleaner entitled 'Dean strikes back' on Thursday, February 14, 2008 and the editorial on Friday 15, 2008. I wish to set the record straight in relation to the purchase of land of the now Cool Oasis property in Christiana in order to correct the political mischief that is being made by Dean Peart and supported by your .
    1. When your reporter called me, he failed to advise me that he had interviewed Mr. Peart about the issue. Had he done so, I would have been alerted to the source of the mischief.
    2. When I acquired the land and got permission to construct a petrol station, it was with the full knowledge and approval of the ministry of works. The then chief technical director in the ministry visited the site and undertook to have the necessary and valuation done to facilitate my acquisition of the land.
    Deprivation
    3. Permission was granted to proceed with the project in the interim, as the old main road was my only access to the property. Under the law, the ministry could not deprive me access to my land.
    4. The valuation report and proposed sale price were presented just before the change of ownership of the petrol station, and the land was subsequently purchased by the new owners.
    Mr. Peart would have been aware or he ought to have been aware of these facts, but it was more politically expedient for him to seek to score cheap political points by calling me a "squatter".
    While we are on the subject of setting the record straight, would Mr. Peart like to explain to the public the circumstances that led to the transfer of his then permanent secretary from his ministry (lands) for her refusal to support his inappropriate sale of Government property to a close relative - a sale which subsequently had to be revoked by the then prime minister?
    I am, etc.,
    AUDLEY SHAW, MP
    Minister of and the Public Service

• Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Where is Clovis when you need him!? All mi a beg him, nuh bodda raise nuh skirt ova nuhbody 'ead!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh tink man ah yaad easy?

Comment

man a yard? a more like shebada!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL woeee

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            Shaw statement on land purchase
            published: Thursday | February 21, 2008

THE EDITOR, Sir:
            Reference is made to the articles in The Gleaner entitled 'Dean strikes back' on Thursday, February 14, 2008 and the editorial on Friday 15, 2008. I wish to set the record straight in relation to the purchase of land of the now Cool Oasis property in Christiana in order to correct the political mischief that is being made by Dean Peart and supported by your .
            1. When your reporter called me, he failed to advise me that he had interviewed Mr. Peart about the issue. Had he done so, I would have been alerted to the source of the mischief.
            2. When I acquired the land and got permission to construct a petrol station, it was with the full knowledge and approval of the ministry of works. The then chief technical director in the ministry visited the site and undertook to have the necessary and valuation done to facilitate my acquisition of the land.
            Deprivation
            3. Permission was granted to proceed with the project in the interim, as the old main road was my only access to the property. Under the law, the ministry could not deprive me access to my land.
            4. The valuation report and proposed sale price were presented just before the change of ownership of the petrol station, and the land was subsequently purchased by the new owners.
            Mr. Peart would have been aware or he ought to have been aware of these facts, but it was more politically expedient for him to seek to score cheap political points by calling me a "squatter".
            While we are on the subject of setting the record straight, would Mr. Peart like to explain to the public the circumstances that led to the transfer of his then permanent secretary from his ministry (lands) for her refusal to support his inappropriate sale of Government property to a close relative - a sale which subsequently had to be revoked by the then prime minister?
            I am, etc.,
            AUDLEY SHAW, MP
            Minister of and the Public Service
            Weh Lazie wid condemnation when yuh need him? Tell Audley nuh badda wid dat!

As im rightly seh im tek di lan - im neva pay fi hit! ...a di nex man (or oman ) pay fi hit!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

That you understand from the letter? Then again, seeing yuh follow up post about poverty in Jamaica .. I shouldn't be surprised.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                That you understand from the letter? Then again, seeing yuh follow up post about poverty in Jamaica .. I shouldn't be surprised.
                Lazie: How long did Shaw lay claim to the land?
                When was it paid for and by whom?
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You are mentally deficient.

Are you aware of the concept of having access rights to land before transfer of title as part of a purchase agreement ?

Stop forming the fool.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                    You are mentally deficient.

Are you aware of the concept of having access rights to land before transfer of title as part of a purchase agreement ?

Stop forming the fool.
                    Access right?

Would suggest you own some other piece of land that has those rights embedded within title? Right?

Well you tell me how it was that Shaw built on and or incorporated into his development and or took unto himself and used the land before paying for it.

...and why don't you tell us a little more about this access right? Who were those who enjoyed such right? ...any others? ...and if any others, did they retain such rights and were allowed free access after the Don took onto himself possession?

Never mind the Don is defending having sole possession!

Comment

Stop forming the fool.

Yuh evah sell land in Jamaica ?

Apparantly not based on the rather naive questions you are posing.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        Lazie: How long did Shaw lay claim to the land?
                        When was it paid for and by whom?
                        Irrelevant... you claim he TOOK the land.. that implies theft or occupation WITHOUT PERMISSION or Arrangement.

Please provide evidence of such.

Comment

I guess you have sold land in Jamaica.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is nice.

Comment

Well, I hope it was. Quite a bit of money in real estate. Ask LOJ!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X