RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mosiah... you ask about what change is obama referring to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mosiah... you ask about what change is obama referring to...

there are so many, from your question, it appears you have not visited his website... try this for a start... http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/#tax-relief

then you will not appear ignorant...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

He needs to start highlighting his agenda, because the criticism from Billary may start to stick and erode his popularity.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I checked the site but I am still searching for evidence of "real change". Am I to take it that you are unable to identify that "real change" too?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He could start by identifying that "real change" that he talks about. Being black in the White House is real change, massive change, even, but I think most of us are looking for more.

Can anyone help?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          He could start by identifying that "real change" that he talks about. Being black in the White House is real change, massive change, even, but I think most of us are looking for more.

Can anyone help?
          Okay ... as anyone turn up dem nose at the USA the first reaction is war. The man has indicated that he wants to change that. He is being criticised for saying he will meet with the enemies. Thats a change from bombing them to thy kingdom come.

How much money is being spent week after week in Iraq? The man is insisting that those monies could be used to improve the lives of Americans. Sounds like change to me.

As it is, the lobbyists have too much say in Washington and he wants to change it where politicians cater to the needs to the people and not the lobbyists. Sound like change to you?

The cost of education is too high. He says he wants to change that but the students would have to give back working in Vet homes, homeless shelters or in the armed services.

The forum Obamist Scaly can tek over.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Me nuh understand how much change Mosiah expecting, is what him want, revolution?

And the truth is that most of those changes will be extremely difficult to achive unless the Dems get a big majority in the Congress.

If he wins, he would do extremely well if in four years he is successful in bringing home 50% of the troops from Iraq and has some form of Health Care program to cover those who are not insured.
            Last edited by Islandman; February 21, 2008, 11:23 AM.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

mo quick question....obama, clinton or mccain and why?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Castro
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that would be hillary, then?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

i don't know what else to tell or show you that would be satisfactory to you... if you've read his plan and cannot identify any contrast from what has been the norm in american domestic and foreign policies, then i cannot help you... or perhaps you need to express what in your opinion constitutes 'real change'...

Comment

see the problem is you are also caught up in the color factor... obama being black has nothing to do with his qualification as presidential candidate or president for that matter...

if you focus on his race then you become lost on his abilities and vision for america and by extension the world...

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                        there are so many, from your question, it appears you have not visited his website... try this for a start... http://www.barackobama.com/issues/economy/#tax-relief

then you will not appear ignorant...
                        You will have noticed that there are no specifics on the topic/positions he has staked out?

Questions arise on his Iraq position - I'll get the troops home in 2009...; on costs relative to implementation of his proposed programs when stacked against our trillions of debt; The man is naive - tremendously naive or a barefaced con artist...promises such as that $4,000.00 to each and every college student for every year of college is madness...how many students are in college...what is the %age rate of increase year over year of entry of students to college...what is such a cost to each tax payer? ...and that is only one of his goodies?

He has adopted so many of Hillary's positions it is a joke. ...and he barefacedly lies - imagine in more than one debate claiming he was the originator of Universal Health Care for the American people? Is it he would have us forget among other things that Hillary put a program together for such and was defeated by lobbyists, the medical professionals and the drug companies?

Sure he has the rhythmic cadence and an ability to gesture and strut on the stage that Hillary could not even dream to possess...but on issue after issue...on logically putting together doable sensible programs and staking positions on issues both local and international Hillary is miles ahead of him.

Cannot deny that he has so far outgunned Hillary on organisation of his election apparatus...but we'll see exactly who based on where the candidates are before the national convention.

I am primarily concerned about the economy. I trust Hillary to do the better job over the next 4 years - Hey elect one Clinton, we get two!

BTW - It is pure nonsense expecting Bill and Michelle to not have influence on their respective spouses. For those of us with spouses and or partners I would love to see the numbers on those who discount and or totally ignore the 'better half's' influence? Bill's and Michille's experience and intellect has been and will be very important to their respective spouses....matters not if we acknowledge that or no!

Let's see if hillary and the moderator can pin him down to some slight degree of supplying specifics on anything tonight in that CNN debate. In the earlier debates he tends to 'talk away' replying to questions by switching the topic...and one one so far as put any pressure on pining him down on his response to the specific question raised.

Perhaps the greatest squirming away he did was in response to his relationship with the 'slum lord' in Chicago - was his denial of every knowing the man was a scumbag. I would bet my bottom dollar the Republicans will play back the tape and put it in the context of the media reports and on-going investigation of the fellow during that time.

Why Hillary's team has backed away from his statements on the war and his later actions I do nto know...why Hillary's people have not contrasted his statements in the earlier debates with his recent positions I do not know. That I was for in the beginning...should have been used against him on the very many other issues he has flipped on after hearing Hillary's positions.

Hillary missed opportunities...there should have been no backing down from Obama's 'the same old' and 'I shall reach across the isle work with Republicans'...she should list accomplishments wherein she bridged the gulf with Republicans and got them to work with her on issues. She should have used "been there done that and still doing that" as counter to his supposedly "new approach". Yup - Hillary should have met Obama's criticisms head on. ...taking them one by one and showing she is in the vanguard of change...working and reaching out to Republicans and Independents...and most of all have gotten specific things done and have the coherent plans...sensible well thought out plans lined up to get even more things done (again specifics on items and plans).
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

If unuh think the Lobbyists in DC are going away, then I have a bridge for sale. Why unuh think Company/Corporations have them Political Action Committee (PAC)
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

"Hey elect one Clinton, we get two! "

I think thats the problem. Too many of you using that to come to your decision.
                            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How on God's green planet can you come to that conclusion? I brought up the colour thing because someone else brought that up when I asked what change he was talking about, and clearly, even when I made reference to it, that was clearly not where I was going! Get real, Baddaz!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X