RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Kern Spencer be arrested and charged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Kern Spencer be arrested and charged?

Stop-order on Kern Spencer
    Light bulb probe deepens
    Thursday, February 21, 2008

One of the big P in the PNP that broke the code, disobeyed Manley and got a ex JLP minister in trouble? Will the JLP respect the code or will they get him?

SPENCER. says there are 'several gaps' in report
    THE Immigration Department yesterday slapped a stop-order on Kern Spencer, effectively preventing the former junior energy minister from leaving the island, as investigations into the Cuban light bulb scandal deepened.
    Impeccable Observer sources last night said the stop-order followed instructions from the Police High Command. The newspaper's attempts to get comment from Spencer proved futile.
    A stop-order is usually in preparation for police action, including taking the subject into custody but the Observer sources could not confirm that the embattled ex-state minister would be detained.
    Contractor-General Greg Christie has asked the Director of Public Prosecutions to initiate criminal proceedings into the light bulb saga that went wrong because of alleged breaches of the government's procurement guidelines.
    Energy Minister Clive Mullings last month reported to the parliament that the light bulb project, meant as a gift from Cuba, had ended up costing about $267 million to distribute $4 million worth of light bulbs under Spencer's watch.
    Christie also alleged there were breaches of the Contractor-General Act, the Financial Administration and Audit Act and the Public Bodies Management and Accountability Act in the procurement of the contracts for the project and in the execution of the contract itself.
    The report said Spencer had used his company, Butterfly Traders Limited to make money from the project.
    Sherine Shakes, the mother of Spencer's child, as well as Shakes' mother, Verdie Mair, have also come under scrutiny.
    Shakes received several payments from the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica (PCJ) in relation to the project, while Mair, who was listed as the contractor, reportedly received $700,000 from the PCJ for catering services.
    Spencer has maintained his innocence and said he would clear his name as there were 'several gaps' in the report.
    The People's National Party (PNP) politician has also been named in another potential scandal involving land with last week's revelation that he bought two acres of lands at Gilnock, St Catherine, for $2.8 million, without the approval of the Land Divestment Committee. The land was never advertised for sale.
    Spencer has since taken leave from his duties as member of parliament for North East St Elizabeth and given up his leadership roles in the PNP out of concern for the damaged image of the Opposition party.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

if what is being reported is close to being accurate, he should be arrested... i am certain, he is not alone in these types of criminal conduct... the line has to be drawn somewhere and a precedent has to be set... there needs to be more investigations and expose all who has engaged in these types of corruption... it is across both parties... let the chips fall where they may...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I hope so. It would go a long way in making people feel that there is some price to pay for the corruption in govt. Of course its just a drop in the bucket, but its a start.

I guess he will be the JAG Smith of the PNP.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Respect due Baddaz, and you are an objective individual. People like Karl defend the indefensible .
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

There hopefully will be a change, as I read the papers I see a number of agencies are been investigated by the authorities. This includes the NWSA, FINSAC, and others.

I hope this is agood start and will discourge others from doing the same.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ez nuh hortical... mi juss call it as mi see it... the exposure and prosecution of corrupt public officials entrusted with the people's bizniz should be at the forefront of the dpp... as long as there isn't bias, i am all for it... kern spencer held so much promise but he is selfish and morally bankrupt... the pnp need to rid itself of those types... that is main reason why i was not too upset when the jlp won the election...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Is Kern a dual-citizen ?

That is the REAL issue here...

Comment

Yup,

Daddy Manley party need fi build up back.

Who can inherit the mantle of "the man with the Plan".

Too many parasites.

Comment

then another reason for him to step! along with the posse from the JLP!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

People who live in glass houses shouldn't
                    throw stones. Let's wait and see where this is going.

Comment

No man a "termites"
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Manley was very upset

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                        People who live in glass houses shouldn't
                        throw stones. Let's wait and see where this is going.
                        .... He told P to back off but by then P had change the bank account numbers and the money could not be returned....

.... Anyhow it would be nice if the code permanently broken and each party start charging the others when the goverment changes
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Heh, heh.. man a cuss cesspool cleaner because him breath not minty fresh...

Comedy.

Comment

18 years is a looooong time.. nuff skeleton.. who yuh tink have the most to lose ?

Get real.

Comment

Working...
                            X