Karl, Scaly although i am not a fan of Hillary, I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    "yes the Riight Wing will start the attack machine and there will be all kinds of stuff coming up but I will tell you that this time there will be no swift boating of a good candidate. The American people have will not stand for it and it could backfire real fast."

Right, you believe that. The only saving grace is that Rush Limbaugh, Ann Cultor(sp) and nuff a dem nah back McCain.
    They are not part of the machine though, they only turn up the volume.

The real machine or the people who run the machine I shuld say are not public figures.

Comment

well at least you must have a general idea of how thing operate.

This was when he was responding to the subprime problems. He couldn't respond in the debate. You want someone not an expert but who understand basic economics and that McCain don't understand.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of placing Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt in the minds of the public.

It will be interesting to see just how powerful it is when put up against Obama-magic.

I am glad he decided to run though. He has changed America already just by doing that.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sorry but the troops are in Iraq to stay - they won't be coming HOME anytime soon, that pulling out of Iraq is just a figment of our imagination!
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

I am sure he knows more than Bush did when he ran, and I don't think the economy is a disaster today.

Though the Dems will argue otherwise, 4% unemployment, historically low interest rates and maybe a shallow recession after 8 years of economic expansion and record profit growth and tax revenues is hardly a disaster.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

for real....because che is said to be guilty of "purges" after castro's victory.....as you say...one man's terrorist....(ariel sharon for example....)

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                Sorry but the troops are in Iraq to stay - they won't be coming HOME anytime soon, that pulling out of Iraq is just a figment of our imagination!
                I agree it will be longer than both Hillary sorry Billary and Obama say but at the very least we will have an exit plan.

Comment

Heh heh, exit plan.

There will be troops in Iraq for a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    slowly starting to wonder if she isn't the safer candidate to take on Mccain.

I have a very uneasy feeling about this Obama-mania and the fact that he has really not been challenged much so far. I think the Republicans are gathering a file on him and if he turns out to be the nominee the onslaught will begin.

From the radical priest to the reports of a Che poster in one of his campaign team offices, mainstream America may well do an about-turn on him when they find out how far to the left he really is by American standards. Throw in the Muslim grandfather and stepfather and his being black and that might just be too much for them to take at one time.

I say it with a heavy heart because I just finished reading his first book. Dreams from my Father which was written long before he was in the Senate, and I was really impressed with his work and world perspective.

I hope i am wrong.
                    I have my fears...and I have voiced a few of them on this site. The part that worries me the most is so far he has not had a real difficult question asked of him by the media. In the context of the US media known propensity to build up then tear down...that overwhelming 'nice-nice' extreme TV/cable/print media sweet exposure when put against Hillary's constant tear-down press...has me fearing that Obama's tear-down media assault is being held back for later 'tear-down times'.
                    Last edited by Karl; February 19, 2008, 06:45 PM.
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Heh heh, exit plan.

There will be troops in Iraq for a generation.
                      Thank you Islandman. What Obama is saying is just fi crowd noise, him can't bring them home.
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

LOL ! WHOIEEEEE !

Why because him speak well and can inspire ?

Next ting yuh ah guh ask if Manley remind me of Jesus...

Comment

Working...
                        X