Karl, Scaly although i am not a fan of Hillary, I am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karl, Scaly although i am not a fan of Hillary, I am

slowly starting to wonder if she isn't the safer candidate to take on Mccain.

I have a very uneasy feeling about this Obama-mania and the fact that he has really not been challenged much so far. I think the Republicans are gathering a file on him and if he turns out to be the nominee the onslaught will begin.

From the radical priest to the reports of a Che poster in one of his campaign team offices, mainstream America may well do an about-turn on him when they find out how far to the left he really is by American standards. Throw in the Muslim grandfather and stepfather and his being black and that might just be too much for them to take at one time.

I say it with a heavy heart because I just finished reading his first book. Dreams from my Father which was written long before he was in the Senate, and I was really impressed with his work and world perspective.

I hope i am wrong.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Equal sharing of miseries.. hmm so appropos for Yard...

Comment

What you think about Obama? Him don't remind you of a 1972 Manley?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well, Hillary or Obama, the Republicans are gonna come swinging. Lets hope he stay on his message.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          slowly starting to wonder if she isn't the safer candidate to take on Mccain.

I have a very uneasy feeling about this Obama-mania and the fact that he has really not been challenged much so far. I think the Republicans are gathering a file on him and if he turns out to be the nominee the onslaught will begin.

From the radical priest to the reports of a Che poster in one of his campaign team offices, mainstream America may well do an about-turn on him when they find out how far to the left he really is by American standards. Throw in the Muslim grandfather and stepfather and his being black and that might just be too much for them to take at one time.

I say it with a heavy heart because I just finished reading his first book. Dreams from my Father which was written long before he was in the Senate, and I was really impressed with his work and world perspective.

I hope i am wrong.
          Che Guevara is a great hero to have. Funny one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Islandman let me pull a Half Man Half Horse on you...Are you so afriad for him that you don't want to support him ??

Are you fearing fear itself ?.....as he plagiarized this weekend ?

Asnswer that first and I will give my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly View Post
            Che Guevara is a great hero to have. Funny one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Islandman let me pull a Half Man Half Horse on you...Are you so afriad for him that you don't want to support him ??

Are you fearing fear itself ?.....as he plagiarized this weekend ?

Asnswer that first and I will give my 2 cents.
            What dah fornication? You tuh Scaly? " let me pull a Half Man Half Horse on you"

GAMMA !!!! Whey yuh deh?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Scaly we are talking about running for president of the US, not president of Brazil or some latin American country!! If Obama tries to defend Che as a hero to the mainsteam US voting public, he CANNOT carry 3 states in the union. I will put money on that right now.

I don't think he would make a bad president, I like his message and his passion but I have said before that his policies are a bit too left for me. I think his wife is even further to the left, so much so that Hillary in comparison looks like Margeret Thatcher.

Karl is not one I agree on much in terms of politics but he is absolutely correct in saying that he has been handled with kids gloves by the media so far because he is such a charismatic figure.

The Democrats have been unable to win the presidency with a northern far left liberal for decades. Obamas has a chance because he is one of those special people who come around only so often and is able to break the mold, so maybe his being so different in his message of change, etc will actually be enough. I just don't know if it will stand up to the onslaught that will be coming. And it will be coming if he wins.

Comment

Scaly we are talking about running for president of the US, not president of Brazil or some latin American country!! If Obama tries to defend Che as a hero to the mainsteam US voting public, he CANNOT carry 3 states in the union. I will put money on that right now.

I don't think he would make a bad president, I like his message and his passion but I have said before that his policies are a bit too left for me. I think his wife is even further to the left, so much so that Hillary in comparison looks like Margeret Thatcher.

Karl is not one I agree on much in terms of politics but he is absolutely correct in saying that he has been handled with kids gloves by the media so far because he is such a charismatic figure.

The Democrats have been unable to win the presidency with a northern far left liberal for decades. Obamas has a chance because he is one of those special people who come around only so often and is able to break the mold, so maybe his being so different in his message of change, etc will actually be enough. I just don't know if it will stand up to the onslaught that will be coming. And it will be coming if he wins.
                Once he is in the Big House then "Bring It On" matters not after that.

I will agree somewhat that he needs scrutiny and yes I want my President teared to pieces before we put him that's the difference between the USA and Jamaica but he doesn't have that much of a record to scritinize so their ain't a whole lot there.

I like and want him in because he was against the war from the begining, he is not a Bush or a Clinton and going down that Monarchy road brings chills to my spine.

He is young, new, a fresh face with different ideas (the ones for the last 8 have not worked) yes we should engage or enemies to talk instead of declaring a war, yes we need to change the health care system, yes we need to bring the tax system in line with real life and stop the trickle down economics foolishness. I can go on and on but most importantly he is a leader who can engage, move and influence people to a better tomorrow and we haven't had one of those in a long time.

Comment

The republicans going to make Obama into a black panther. Watch the media from the right now swoop down on him after the nomination. The republican have nothing to lose by making the race politically insensitive and they know that.

Watch for swift water style adds. McCain claims he is a man of intergerity, so let us see how him stand up against it.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree we need some of those changes, we will disagree on a few like the tax system. Yes it needs overhauling but I am not hearing that from Obama or Clinton, just that the Bush tax cuts need to be revoked. Big govt is probably the main thing I disagree with the Dems on. More taxes are not better if all you do is spend it on pork-barrell projects and useless govt programs.

He should be credited for being one of the few who were opposed to the war from the start, but don't believe that he will be pulling out troops from Iraq as soon as he says he will.

My argument is not really wether he would make a good or bad president though, just wether he will be able to withstand the right-wing attacks. I am not a diehard Democrat and a President McCain would not be a disaster to me, so maybe Obama is worth taking the risk on. For a diehard Democrat though who will lose sleep over another Republican president, I think Hillary is looking like the safer bet.

We will see soon though.

Comment

Islandman take my warning a president McCain is a disaster. The man admitted he doesn't know much on Economy Matters. Do we need another economic dunce in the white house?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree we need some of those changes, we will disagree on a few like the tax system. Yes it needs overhauling but I am not hearing that from Obama or Clinton, just that the Bush tax cuts need to be revoked. Big govt is probably the main thing I disagree with the Dems on. More taxes are not better if all you do is spend it on pork-barrell projects and useless govt programs.

He should be credited for being one of the few who were opposed to the war from the start, but don't believe that he will be pulling out troops from Iraq as soon as he says he will.

My argument is not really wether he would make a good or bad president though, just wether he will be able to withstand the right-wing attacks. I am not a diehard Democrat and a President McCain would not be a disaster to me, so maybe Obama is worth taking the risk on. For a diehard Democrat though who will lose sleep over another Republican president, I think Hillary is looking like the safer bet.

We will see soon though.
                        We sound very alike in our thinking and yes I am more centurist than I write on this board but this time I cannot be we need a REAL change.

I voted Republican for Bloomberg against a very liberal Mark Green for NYC mayor because we needed REAL change in NY City at the time before NYC went bankrupt post 9/11...I see a very similiar situation here.

Yes the Riight Wing will start the attack machine and there will be all kinds of stuff coming up but I will tell you that this time there will be no swift boating of a good candidate. The American people have will not stand for it and it could backfire real fast.

Let me give you some encouragment, I just had lunch with a Staunch Republican Client of mine who not only has voted for Barack in the Primaries but has donated the max in $$$ to his campaign and will be voting for him in the general and form a military family too.

This time I am sure will be different.

Comment

"yes the Riight Wing will start the attack machine and there will be all kinds of stuff coming up but I will tell you that this time there will be no swift boating of a good candidate. The American people have will not stand for it and it could backfire real fast."

Right, you believe that. The only saving grace is that Rush Limbaugh, Ann Cultor(sp) and nuff a dem nah back McCain.

Comment

Cindy McCain, Michelle Obama in patriotism flap
                            Posted: 03:27 PM ET
                            Cindy McCain said she was proud of the United States during a campaign event Tuesday.

(CNN) — Tuesday morning seemed to bring the debut of yet another McCain-Obama flap – this time, Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama.
                            As she introduced her husband John McCain, the likely Republican nominee, at a campaign event, Cindy McCain told the crowd I “am proud of my country. I don’t know about you, if you heard those words earlier — I am very proud of my country.”
                            The comment seemed to be a response to a remark from Michelle Obama the day before. On Monday, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama told a Wisconsin audience that “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country, because it feels like hope is making a comeback… not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change."
                            After Tuesday’s event, the McCains were asked if the Arizona senator’s wife had been responding to that comment. Cindy McCain did not directly answer the question, responding: “I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”
                            On Monday, Obama spokesman Bill Burton released a statement in response to the controversy: “Of course Michelle is proud of her country, which is why she and Barack talk constantly about how their story wouldn't be possible in any other nation on Earth.
                            “What she meant is that she's really proud at this moment because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who've never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to build a grassroots movement for change.”

Comment

Presidents generally know little about econimics. Thats what advisors are for. You may disagree with supply-side, trickle-down economics but that is what you will get with McCain, as with just about any Republican president.

Comment

Working...
                              X