• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad vibes kill Kartel's marriage

Bad vibes kill Kartel's marriage
    BY PAUL HENRY Observer staff reporter henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Saturday, February 16, 2008

POPULAR dancehall deejay Vybz Kartel, who tied the knot just two years ago with New York bank supervisor, Stacy Elliott, wants out of their marriage.

PALMER. says wife gave birth to son fathered by another man
    In papers filed with the Jamaican Supreme Court, Kartel, whose real name is Adidjah Palmer, alleged that his 31-year-old bride had given birth to a son who was fathered by another man.

He said he had never lived with his wife since the January 9, 2006 private wedding, pictures of which are posted on the Internet. Kartel also provided for the court a copy of the child's birth certificate. Kartel said also that his wife never visited him in Jamaica after the US revoked his visa to that country some time after the wedding.

The two met at a stage show in Brooklyn, New York and had been dating four years prior to tying the knot in a private ceremony before a marriage officer at the Registrar General Department branch on Trevennion Park Road in Cross Roads, Kingston.

The website yardflex.com on which the wedding photos were posted, quoted the artiste on his big day as saying, "... Mi just get up mad and decide fi do it, is like mi get a wedding fever from wha day because my babymother's mother got married recently, and I was the best man for the groom, so I just decided to do it. I flew her in from New York for the wedding, and it's all good, I am in love, I am happy, this is just glorious.
    "From the first time I met her, I knew she was special. So we talked a couple of times on the phone, it wasn't a groupie thing, and we just fell in love little by little."

Elliott, who was born in Jamaica, is also quoted in the same story as saying that she too was deeply in love."I love his personality, he is fun-loving, and very smart, and I believe he is misunderstood, he has good qualities. From the moment I met him, I fell in love with him...," she added
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

The hotter they come, is the hotter they fail
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

He married her to get a green card so he could work in the US. Him nah get the green card so dem decide fi end the charade. "Shawty" is di man bonafide anyway and everybody know dat.

Comment

quantity surveyor or entertainment central?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          quantity surveyor or entertainment central?

Comment

up to me know dat Moe....jeeessss
            Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
            Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Wha mek him caan get nuh visa?
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

yuh nuh any different! party central!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

hehe
                  Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                  Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

A nice little hotty http://www.yardflex.com/archives/000270.html

Comment

Working...
                    X