• Show
Clear All

• 'My wife slept with my uncle while I was in prison'

(but a what dis fada?)

'My wife slept with my uncle while I was in prison'
    Cash Plus boss tells court why he sought divorce
    PAUL HENRY, Observer staff reporter henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, February 14, 2008

CARLOS Hill, head of the beleaguered Cash Plus group, said he sought to divorce his wife because she allegedly slept with his uncle while he (Hill) was in prison in the United States.

Hill is defending himself in the Jamaican Supreme Court against a US$12-million maintenance suit brought by his estranged wife, Velma Hill. The case was adjourned yesterday until March 12, 2008, because of the death of Hill's mother.

On a previous court date, Hill was ordered to make interim payments of US$2,000 per month effective January 7, 2007 to his wife of over 30 years until the matter is resolved.

Mrs Hill, 60, who has been living with her stepfather in New Jersey USA, said in court papers filed last year that she scraped to get by on her monthly US$1,800 secretary salary and that her monthly expenses were in excess of US$3,000.

"I'm not making enough money to properly maintain myself," she complained in her affidavit. "I would like to retire at age 62 but would be unable to live above the poverty line. Had I known that (Carlos) was not going to look after me, as he promised, I would have saved some of my money, especially when I had to be working at two jobs."

Mrs Hill said she would like to own a home but could not afford one and that because of her husband's "behaviour" in the US, "I cannot get any credit" as "all his debts, including civil taxes, are in my name".

She said that in contrast, her husband "travels frequently all over the world, lives a very lavish lifestyle" and has "millions of US dollars deposited all over the world".

The behaviour to which, Mrs Hill referred has to do with illicit financial transactions on Mr Hill's part, to which he pleaded guilty, and spent a decade in prison, before his release in 2001.

Hill came back to Jamaica that same year and eventually built the Cash Plus Group, the centrepiece of which was a private investment club, popularly referred to as an alternative investment scheme, that has ceased operations following troubles with the state-run Financial Services Commission.

"It was while I was in Florida trying to seek employment to support myself and my children that I realised how handicapped I was. I had no formal education and no skills suited for the job market. I had to seek government assistance," Mrs Hill further claimed.

The Hills, who migrated to the US at a young age, have four children from their marriage.

In previous divorce papers filed by Mr Hill in the US, he alleged that the marriage broke down because his wife - between the period 1991 and 2001 while he was in prison - slept with his uncle and left the matrimonial home.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

him just SALT!!!!

more saltness gwa'an tek him before long.......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Hey, when dem waan tear yuh down ah
      yaad dem really efficient at it. Most people don't realise it but it's the slavery mentality that is prevailing in JA. Not defending Hill but is he the only one with dirty laundry?

Descendants of slaves cannot have any significant wealth in JA. They skilfully manipulate it, that we cheer it along and tear down ourselves (in the meantime, everyone else gets by)

It's a shame that we have to invest in these doomed schemes; when there are legit ventures in Ja that can provide profits (over time) for those that want to invest. Sad, a civil rights bill is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Hey, when dem waan tear yuh down ah
        yaad dem really efficient at it. Most people don't realise it but it's the slavery mentality that is prevailing in JA. Not defending Hill but is he the only one with dirty laundry?

Descendants of slaves cannot have any significant wealth in JA. They skilfully manipulate it, that we cheer it along and tear down ourselves (in the meantime, everyone else gets by)

It's a shame that we have to invest in these doomed schemes; when there are legit ventures in Ja that can provide profits (over time) for those that want to invest. Sad, a civil rights bill is needed.
        What does this have to do with slavery? Can we now add the call for a civil rights bill as a new catch phrase? Mi notice since we've exposed you using "Garvey" to give yuh senseless posts a serious look ... you start with this civil rights bill thing.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you know that him did a try a call center too? isn't that IT?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As I said before: It's either you are a very brilliant mind or very dull
            one. I am here parying it's the former.

Comment

Now yuh have a problem wid ah man trying to
              make profit. Check how much tings yuh master try his hand at
              first before hitting pay dirt.

Sass, you are embarassing yourself boss. Leave those arguments to Lazie.

Comment

As I said before: It's either you are a very brilliant mind or very dull
                one. I am here parying it's the former.
                Well one thing is certain ... based on your reasoning .. you leave no doubt.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

How so? Mi think IT bring huge profit hense maybe that is where them get the 10% return from
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

As usual; nothing, just empty baffling
                    mutterings.

Quote: "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS".

Comment

Reggae Version Of US Country Comedy Hit

Soon, this gentleman will be singing a reggae version of a classic US country comedy classic:

"Mi My Own Grandpa"

Comment

Bruce, all he has to do is write that ditty for a country musician and he will have more than enough money to pay her. There is no accident that they call that place up there the Grand Ole Opry. They have parlayed personal soap operas into billions of dollars of entertaining music. i wonder if we can write something about our friend Jawge and his lonely life in cave?
                        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

But former PM - Patterson is a wealthy man. Isn't he in the category of those of us descended from slaves Just asking.
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Before I answer that question. Let me ask you this:
                            Why did you come to the USA?

Comment

Perhaps the same reason you came & suh dat me could get some of Garvey's teachings and learn bout IT
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X