Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-litter campaign in Montego Bay

Tuesday, 12 February 2008

The St. James Parish Council in its bid to reduce litter across the second city is trying a new method of identifying promoters who breach the Anti-litter Act.

Mayor of Montego Bay Charles Sinclair has written to operators of amusement spots across the city requesting that they ensure that promoters using their facilities obtain all the requisite permits.

This would in turn allow the Council to easily track persons who breach not only the Anti-litter Act but also the Places of Amusement and Noise Abatement Act.

So far operators of Margaritaville and Pier One on the waterfront, both of which are known for hosting major events, have received letters.

Mr. Sinclair has also sought to remind promoters that a permit must be obtained from the parish council before advertisements are placed in public spaces.

He has been urging business operators to guide the promoters accordingly especially when their business place is billed on promotional material.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

One thing that seriously needs addressing is the night noise. I'm not only making reference to Mobay now .. but islandwide. Last week the minister of culture made some remarks that was heading in that direction, but a comrade laughed at her for no reason. I guess a comrade will always be a comrade.

HL always said if he was PM dance lock down by 2:00 am (did I get that right HL?). It may seem harsh. But unless these sessions are kept in a building, then there has to be a cut off point.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is the double standard. An entertainer gets in trouble if him deh pon stage and say certain things, yet the selecta play the same thing .. or even worse ... and nothing. Clamp down pon dem things deh.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      One thing that seriously needs addressing is the night noise. I'm not only making reference to Mobay now .. but islandwide. Last week the minister of culture made some remarks that was heading in that direction, but a comrade laughed at her for no reason. I guess a comrade will always be a comrade.

HL always said if he was PM dance lock down by 2:00 am (did I get that right HL?). It may seem harsh. But unless these sessions are kept in a building, then there has to be a cut off point.

Another thing that needs to be addressed is the double standard. An entertainer gets in trouble if him deh pon stage and say certain things, yet the selecta play the same thing .. or even worse ... and nothing. Clamp down pon dem things deh.
      What do you think of the droping of building materals, stones, gravel sand, building blocks and stone dust on streets and highways, that at times takes away more than 50% of the road way?

Comment

Finally a real montegonian is
        trying to restore the city to what it once was: We, who were born and raised in the town feel ashamed at the present conditions. It was not like that when Mobay was the friendly city. Hope Charlie organize a team fi move all those who are trying to make Barnett Street a market.

Yes sah take back Mobay. In this instance; it looks or seems (seems the operative here) that Mobay may (please note may) benefit from the change Or was it deliberately done? Only time will tell.

Comment

Mi waan know what dem doing widd all dat money, Shields and hym friend dem doan play fi tek whey people things yet MOST police stations can't pass an inspection.
          Dem fi guway!

Blessed

Comment

Rocky, what's going on boss? Bredrin
            wha yuh talking bout?

Comment

Working...
            X