Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption in the public sector to feature at PAC sitting

Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Issues relating to corruption in the public sector are expected to take centre stage at Tuesday morning's meeting of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).

The Committee which is chaired by Opposition Spokesman on Finance Dr. Omar Davies will discuss reports from several watch dog agencies responsible for stamping out corruption.

Among them, the Contractor-General, the Corruption Prevention Commission and the Integrity Commission.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

This has to be a joke. The man that run wid it, the man that been breaking the rules of the FAA then come to Parliament after the fact .... will be focusing on corruption?

Chris Rock couldn't write a better joke.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

PAC will suffer from a credibility issue and there is a conflict issue lurking in the background, not far either.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I was just thinking about the credibility thing.

Shouldn't Bunting be the chair of this committee?
        Omar need to step aside cause more breaches happen under him than anyone else
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that is the conflict.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
          X