• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model Nadine Willis excited about new single

Model Nadine Willis excited about new single
    Carl Gilchrist
    Friday, February 08, 2008

Nadine performing at Island Village, Ocho Rios. (Photo Andre O'Connor)
    Pulse model Nadine Willis has taken a journey down a new road, with the release of her debut single, What If, a song written by Grub Cooper and produced by Pulse Music.

"It's a passion my brother wanted for me for a very long time and I loved it before I even started modelling. My brother was actually training me but at the time I wasn't ready yet," Nadine told Splash after a recent performance of her song at the Pulse Miss Jamaica Universe road show in Ocho Rios.

Nadine's foray into music occurred last year when she recorded a song for former Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller. That helped to build her confidence, she explained, and gave her the courage to approach Pulse boss, Kingsley Cooper, about a possible sojourn in music.

"He said, 'well, it's something we can try, we can go ahead and see what happens,'" Nadine disclosed.

So far, the response to the song has been encouraging. In Ocho Rios, the response was also positive. "I got a good response today, I was nervous but I'm very happy," said Nadine after her performance.

The song is actually the first of six or seven that Nadine plans to record for a debut album, which should be ready by the end of the year.
    Pulse is no stranger to music. In the 1980's the company actually produced several songs one of which, Just Can't Get You Out Of My Mind by Ainsley Morris, topped local charts.

Pulse's reggae show, Reggae Superjam, which debuted in the 1980s, was also an annual event that was eagerly anticipated by music lovers.
    One of the most memorable concerts was the 1983 edition which featured the late reggae superstar Peter Tosh, in his last local concert before he died.

Pulse says it will be releasing several video singles featuring songs by Tosh, at that 1983 concert, during 2008.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes
Working...
X