X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom Made Second-Grader Hold Sign

Did This Mom Go Too Far?

Mom Made Second-Grader Hold Sign on Street to Apologize for Behaving Badly

Tell us if you think this mom's punishment went too far. (ABC News)

How far would you go to teach your child a lesson?

One mother in Jacksonville, Fla., had her son take to the streets as a way of apologizing for acting up in school.
    Related Stories

Marcia Harvey made her second-grade son hold a sign saying, "I was rude to my teacher," on the sidewalk near his home.
    After acting up in the classroom at Brentwood Elementary, his mom decided to take action of her own.

Harvey says she loves her son very much and wanted him to learn a lesson. "I want to see him be successful in life and this is something that I thought of that maybe would get his attention," she said.
    Do you think the punishment fit the crime? Weigh in with your thoughts on our comment board.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Well done mother!
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

i wouldn't do it but....i don't see anything wrong with it. he's her son and she should have an idea of what motivates him and would be adequate punishment to deter him from doing it again.

i would think so.

btw is she jamaican by any chance?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Public embarassment is not the way to go. A letter of apology to the teacher would be adequate.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I agree. He's just a kid. I have found that withdrawals of privileges work well (toys, tv etc..) but then that was 'back in the day'.....Iwould go for a verbal apology to the teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
            Did This Mom Go Too Far?

Mom Made Second-Grader Hold Sign on Street to Apologize for Behaving Badly

Tell us if you think this mom's punishment went too far. (ABC News)

How far would you go to teach your child a lesson?

One mother in Jacksonville, Fla., had her son take to the streets as a way of apologizing for acting up in school.
            Related Stories

Marcia Harvey made her second-grade son hold a sign saying, "I was rude to my teacher," on the sidewalk near his home.
            After acting up in the classroom at Brentwood Elementary, his mom decided to take action of her own.

Harvey says she loves her son very much and wanted him to learn a lesson. "I want to see him be successful in life and this is something that I thought of that maybe would get his attention," she said.
            Do you think the punishment fit the crime? Weigh in with your thoughts on our comment board.
            Well for gosh sake's tell us a little more?
            As far as good behaviour is concerned; how has this kid been acting over his life up until now?

...and, what has Mom done at various times to have him 'conform'? Yuh nuh...is this that Mom had to take this or comparable drastic action in her attempts to 'save' her son?

Jeeeeez...you would like us to make a decision with this paltry info?
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
            X