• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People's National Party (PNP) deputy general secretary resig

People's National Party (PNP) deputy general secretary resigns
    published: Wednesday | February 6, 2008

WALTERS
    Linton Walters, a deputy general secretary of the People's National Party (PNP), resigned Monday from the post, as well as from all groupings within the party.

Walters' resignation comes one week after Peter Bunting was elevated to the post of general secretary of the party. "The main reason for my resignation is that there is a new general secretary at the secretariat and the (Professor Brian) Meeks appraisal report says the secretariat needs to be reorganised. I am making way for that," Walters, an attorney-at-law, told The Gleaner.

Meeks report
    Professor Meeks' report was commissioned by the PNP after its loss in the September 3, 2007 general election. A deputy general secretary since 1994, Walters had responsibility for electoral matters. He told The Gleaner that he did not resign out of frustratio he said, "I have had enough.

"The time has come for me to move on," he told The Gleaner.
    Walters said Bunting and party leader Portia Simpson Miller enjoy his full support. "The time has come for me to go. The party has some serious reorganisation to do and I am not going to stand in the way," he said. He added: "My grandaunt of blessed memory has always said to me 'humble calf suck di most milk', but there comes a time when that calf has to grow up and become a bull."
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

The man is on his way to become a bull bucker and duppy conqueror
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
    X