151 people killed since the start of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 151 people killed since the start of the year

Just 36 days into the new year, police blotters have shown that the number of murders has spiralled to 151.

Monday night's multiple killings in Industry Village ramped up the murder total. The figure is a slight increase compared to January 2007, when the total number of murders was 149.

In the corresponding period in 2006, the figure recorded was 118.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

At some point the new govt will have to explain why they have not been able to make any progress with the most critical issue that faces the country.

I will give them another 6 months or so. If the monthly figures are about the same or continuing to get worse I will have to accept that they too have no fresh ideas to deal crime, or at least none that work.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

They should start answering. This is one area I think they've been failing at.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

To be honest we all are looking for quick solutions, but I believe it will take years to reduce our bloodletting. I am not expecting any reduction in crime for the foreseeable future.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
          To be honest we all are looking for quick solutions, but I believe it will take years to reduce our bloodletting. I am not expecting any reduction in crime for the foreseeable future.
          Well for one they could have target the gangs throughout the country don't it? Takes steps to prevent crimes instead of trying to solve crimes. I'll be the first to admit that some moves have been made, but I do think they could have done more.

Comment

i am with you there...the youth are a product of the gunman culture and so there is an entire second generation of that.....that is going to be tough to overcome.....

young people lose respect for the value and sanctity of life when they see, hear and know of people getting murdered around them......what will they in turn teach their children? and make no mistake the shottas might die youn...but they will leave children!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
            X