Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. James’ most wanted man yet to be interrogated

Tuesday, 05 February 2008

Twenty-five year old Eldon Calvert, who was St. James' most wanted man, is yet to be interrogated by the police more than a week after his arrest.

RJR News has been informed that Calvert, who was nabbed 15 days ago, has not been questioned by investigators as he is without legal representation.

Our news centre was informed on Monday night that Mr. Calvert has refused to pay for the services of a lawyer.

Mr. Calvert, who is linked to several multiple shootings and murders in his hometown of Salt Spring, was held during an early morning operation.

A day after his arrest Deputy Commissioner in charge of crime Mark Shields said investigators would conduct a detailed probe of crimes which he allegedly committed.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

In cases like this, doesn't the court assign him a lawyer?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

can he afford a lawyer? if he can then the court won't appoint one. i a case like this the public defender should probably intervene so that hemay be interrogated.

crim law is not my thing but if a lawyer is refused then they should be able to go ahead and interrogate him.....the presence of the public defender would not be to represent him but more for the integrity of the interrogation process.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        can he afford a lawyer? if he can then the court won't appoint one. i a case like this the public defender should probably intervene so that hemay be interrogated.

crim law is not my thing but if a lawyer is refused then they should be able to go ahead and interrogate him.....the presence of the public defender would not be to represent him but more for the integrity of the interrogation process.
        Thanks for provide some clarity on this.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
        X