Go out and vote!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Originally posted by HL View Post
    Heading for the polling station.

I like both democratic candidates.

Will make my decision in the booth.

Go out and vote!!!
    What state yuh live in? Mi cyaan vote. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      Heading for the polling station.

I like both democratic candidates.

Will make my decision in the booth.

Go out and vote!!!
      In the booth? Sounds like an ennie meenie minee moh ting HL.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I really thought you were a republican.
        I can't possibly be wrong twice, I know who you will vote for, I will even tell you after you voted.

Blessed

Comment

I think Hillary is the better candidate but how can I tell my two young boys I voted against possible the first black President? That is not how I want to bring up my youths.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            I think Hillary is the better candidate but how can I tell my two young boys I voted against possible the first black President? That is not how I want to bring up my youths.
            Possibility of the first black president? Come now. If within yourself you think Hillary is the better candidate, by all means, vote Hillary. I've been paying attention to these candidates and there isn't much difference between both of them in terms of policy.

One thing scare mi though, lately on MSNBC and CNN some adjectives are being used to describe Obama which are very much like Manley e.g. Good Orator, Charismatic.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              sass don't vote for Obama just because he is black, vote for him because he best represents your political views. I will vote for him today and the main reason because he is and was against the war, he wants to give tax credits for the first $4,000 in college tuition plus many other things he wants to do that I agree with. The fact that he is black is way down the list.

I advise you to go to his web site.

Comment

Scaly is not simple because he is black but he represents the civil right fight that we have been having from since slavery. There will alway be another oppurtunity to vote for another white president but there may never be another to vote for a black one. The policies of both are fairly similar and I have the experience of meeting and hearing Hillary and she was good on policies. I think Obama is a very capable president still and many may not want to admit it but if Obama was a white man he maybe would have been elected already.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

vote early...vote often!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

At this stage it look like I won't be voting. Didn't get to do it this morning, and I have a funeral to attend this evening.
                    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                    - Langston Hughes

Comment

give a note to scaly...mebbe he can do it for you!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I was thinking of that myself.

Another similarity is the calls for unity, etc and brining everybody together and such the like. In the case of Manley as soon as he got some opposition to his big government policies he switched from the great uniter to the great divider with his "five flights a day" and other such speeches.

To be fair though I haven't yet seen any of the Messiah-complex tendencies in Obama that Manley had in his early years. Also the US poliitical system has more checks and balances to control him if he wants to go too far left with his tax and spend policies.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

suh who is obama's "america"?

different set of circumstances......not to mention term limits and a thing called congress and the senate!

Comment

Yeah, its what I like about the US political power system, even with all its flaws with lobbyists and campaign finance.

With our system the PM and cabinet have way too much power. The NDM version of Golding had some good ideas about making changes to that.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yuh pass the Yardie Test !

Comment

Working...
                              X