Jawge can you explain to me the concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

One of the things that is lacking in the tourist industry is in the 80s under Seaga many small hotels pooled togather and came on tours in the US and sell their properties at trade shows. PJ stopped all of this and only the Sandals and Super Clubs could do it. Don't take my word for it, find out for yourself from people who know.
    We need to stop trying to sell foolishness about PJ, Portia and the PNP.

Imagine in a free society PJ having the will and or desire and or the power to stop owners of properties from advertising the properties and the services they offer?

Imagine talk of PJ prevent and or stopping people from arranging their own agenda and travel plans?

This type of rot helps no one! ...all it shows is the level of madness and the lengths those who are anti-PNP and or ant-PJ and or anti-Portia will go!
    Utter madness!
    Was it the JLP leader who spoke of 'termites on the brain"?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl stop your foolishness. Through travel arrangement with JTB this was done as many small hotels came to travel shows accross America as a group. That budget was cut under PJ so if you don't know don't talk foolishness. I have friends who use to come on those trips to sell their small hotels. If you now go to the travel shows only the Sandals and Super Clubs are there.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Karl stop your foolishness. Through travel arrangement with JTB this was done as many small hotels came to travel shows accross America as a group. That budget was cut under PJ so if you don't know don't talk foolishness. I have friends who use to come on those trips to sell their small hotels. If you now go to the travel shows only the Sandals and Super Clubs are there.
        So what if there were no funds granted. Did PJ stop them from doing there own promotions? How much woudl it cost to attend trade shows on tourism and promote your product through personal contacts with entities engaged in the travel industry?

Massa stop try spread nonsense as I have had some contact with persons involved in such things in the travel industry in New York. It is about gettting up off your 'hind-legs' making contacts and networking with others who do bookings for the various segments of the industry! including inviting by giving free travel and lodging at your property.

You tell me if a group of local hotels cannot get together, invite, wine and dine and these 'booking agents'?

Can vacations be given as prizes to persons out of large booking offices handling multi-millions of bookings...working with those offices?

Can the locals get others with vested interests to come together to throw in free accommodations and tours? Would that keep costs down as empty rooms could/would be utilised and and rotation of charter companies and are courtesty cars ustilised...and costs shared?

Massa mi tek di course innah di business wen I thought of running a travel business...actually started one with the wife but decided against going on as we just could not give it the time and or money it needed.

Stop tell people foolishness! The only thing stopping the local small hotels from great self-promotion is 'the fights' they have with one another. They just cannot come together to properly organise self-promotions!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

again it goes to the heart of your government. You have no funds for that but can give Butch fi build hotel. Talk about priority.

Karl how can one small hotelier organise to shows across the USA without the help of some other umbrella organizations. If is just NY you talking then fine but I am talking about Muliti cities and states.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Karl how can one small hotelier organise to shows across the USA without the help of some other umbrella organizations. If is just NY you talking then fine but I am talking about Muliti cities and states.
            Takes little bites! Start with the areas where greatest numbers visit JA....and, go form there.

There are some areas where it makes no financial sense to promote. The eastern seaboard of the USA and adjoining states + southern states are where you will get the most bang for your money.

When you go to target outlying states you have to target say, California and other areas with rich enclaves. Find the travel organisations that do the bookings and have them come to you. Invite them and send them the packages to send their agents.

They can cover the entire USA and canada without leaving JA. - as mi seh bring in the booking agents - kill them with good services! ASK FOR THE BUSINESS! GIVE INCENTIVES (include it it in the price - room rates etc.) to have the booking agents visit - OFTEN!

Comment

Tell me you joking right?

Comment

Should've left out all of this "BTW where in the US you see the Govt. partnering with GE and microsoft in business ventures (that's communism boss)"

Apart from that wicked lie, I agree with you or should I say Morrison?
                My question Jawge is why can't you see Govt using tax payers money to bail out big businesses as capitalism?

Blessed

Comment

Rocky I understand where you are coming from,
                  but you should note that the companies mentioned are publicly traded.
                  Therefore these corporations are so entwined in the US economy that it borders on national security. It was rumored that microsoft was responsible for clinton's return to the white house (becasue of the way IT jacked up the economy in the face of a recession).

The businesses I mentioned in Ja are different from the ones in the US.
                  They are not publicly traded, yet they use taxpayers money as venture capital (big difference boss) if they belly up, the govt. is left holding
                  the bag. Please note that I advocated that these entities are traded publicly and shares alloted for certain sectors of the local economy ( seeing that they will not get a direct benefit from the profits of these entities). The US has to bail out some huge corporation because their money is tied in with local taxpayers' , thus the economy. The US corps don't act indpendently, incur cost on the US , then ship the profits elsewhere (you would see the quickest Federal probe and imprisonment in
                  in US history

I mentioned Ms. Morrison; because as I wrote I remembered reading her report somewhere (I pull things from all corners). If I had just given the figures without mentioning the source, my detractors would call me a liar . That's all.

I hope you can now see why I'm against bailing out these corporations in JA because they are not publicly traded, they do not provide any stimulus for the economy except for adding more cost and to top it off they use the taxpayers dollars as seed money. Sorry, maybe it's because I'm living in the US too long why I see things this way.

Comment

Sass led me tell you one thing:
                    businesses can never pay tax to effectively support an economy. It's about volume and this is why in the states you see so many tax breaks being set up to portect the middle class. Taxing corporations to offset expenses in an economy is counter productive and will in time cause high cost (as they will pass it back to consumers) and eventually inflation. I'm sure you know this.

Did I mention free education and health care? Boss I'm talking about injecting money in the economy so that people can feel a sense of independence (charting their own destiny), so that our young boys can put down the gun and value education. I don't support a welfare system where an elite makes the money then dole out some freebies as they go along. Tha's not the Garvey spirit boss. I like the fact when a man takes a chance, get a loan from the bank, goes to asia buys some cars, comes back and rent them to tourists, makes a profit and spends the money locally. BTW a friend asked why aren't tourists (white people to be specific) not renting cars anymore in Mobay. The friend said once it was just north american and Euros that rented cars, now it's returning Jakan.

Yuh can gwaan talk bout freeness. I like to talk about use our minds to produce.

Yes boss; please tell me when you are going to have the ground breaking ceremony for your all inclusive hotel (100 rooms). I would like to attend.

Comment

Working...
                    X