X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasta mouse in the U.K ...Jamaican culture does it again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/jackan...es/video.shtml
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

suh mek i ask a question...is this a jamaican production being aired in jamaica...mi did si sup'm mark bbc but mi nuh sure whey it mean as they were not always speaking the queens english.

missa half man half horse, can you assist?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Miss Lou would be proud , so would Garvey !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

so am i!

iz sup'm that i am passionate about and i thank miss lou and the rasta movement......for pushing and encourging us in our culture! embracing your culture doesn't mean turning your back on education!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

embracing your culture doesn't mean turning your back on education!!!

Now gamma - please say that part Louder
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

I enjoyed that so much! Mi tink water did even come a mi yeye.

But why is it that this couldn't be done out of RJR (TVJ) or CVM (Crime, Violence, Murder?)

I think this was simply...well, IRIE!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

no man...because it haffi do a farin fus...can you imagine!!!

Comment

i think in my euphoria i forgot to say thanks X, some good did come out of liverpool's woes in the premiership....

Comment

We got rid of Romper Room (for the uptowners) and Ring Ding (for all the others), even lost the tapes, and no one has yet come up with something like this.

A few years ago, a Jamaican living in NY, Kellie Magnus, wrote a book for Caribbean children. Nobody a yard coulda did do it? Maybe Shatta is write - it's the diaspora that will yet save this land.

Little Lion Goes to School (Magnus, Kellie, Little Lion.) by Kellie Magnus and Michael Robinson (Paperback - Sep 24, 2003)2 Used & new from $149.93 (4)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i bought 5 copies of it, i went to school and read it for my son's class when he was 4......

i gave a copy to his schooland the rest as christmas gifts...to my knowledge she hasn't published any further episodes...

btw das alan magnus daughter.....

Comment

Yes and whose brother used to pay us a visit on this site back in the day.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

what was his handle? we used to call him "maggi" back in the day at the good school...i last saw him when i came to ja for a friendly...i think it was against CR ... he was returning for the game too....

Comment

You can also read some of C. Everard Palmer's works too. I don't think he has put out anything in over a decade, but his works are still a joy to read. Palmer lives in Canada.

A Cow Called Boy
                          The Cloud with the Silver Lining
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Yuh nuh know gamma , Liverpool has me under stress, nothing to brag about , down here with Assain in A.Villa country...bwoooy ...its a different world.

I give you a hint , every mawning bout 5.am I read every british paper on the web hoping to hear G&H has sold out to D.I.C .I wonder what Courtney would be saying.

Thank God fe me culture keeps me strong.

Comment

read EVERY single one! there was also another author called elkanah rhule, he had a book called "come back old iron blue"....very entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X