You would think a Tivoli the build the transport center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You would think a Tivoli the build the transport center

Transport Centre plagued by vandalism and crime Thursday, 31 January 2008 All is not well at the recently opened multi-billion dollar Half-Way-Tree Transport Centre.

Weeks after the January 12 official opening, the janitorial company contracted to keep the Transport Centre clean says unruly students have begun to deface the walls and other areas of the facility.

Supervisor at Manpower and Maintenance Services Limited, Richard Jackson said the situation worsened over the past week as students also damaged bathroom facilities.

Mr. Jackson says janitorial employees who try to reprimand the students are verbally abused.

In the meantime, the ugly sceptre of crime has raised its head in the Transport Centre.

On Thursday morning, the RJR News Centre was told by a parent that her 14 year old son was robbed at knife point in the Centre as he made his way to school.

She said the second former was held by four boys in school uniforms, just after six o'clock, who demanded his lunch money.

In the meantime, the problems at the Transport Centre have not escaped Transport Minister Mike Henry.

Mr. Henry highlighted a stabbing incident at the Centre on Tuesday reportedly involving two Calabar High Students.

He says Ministry officials will be seeking the assistance of school principals.

Since the Centre opened just over two weeks ago, the RJR News Centre has received complaints about the presence of idlers in the park.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

This is inexcusable. If yuh go to Port Authority in NY there is security all over. If yuh not about to use the transportation then you have no bizniz there. It cant be that hard to supervise this place. I refuse to believe it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      This is inexcusable. If yuh go to Port Authority in NY there is security all over. If yuh not about to use the transportation then you have no bizniz there. It cant be that hard to supervise this place. I refuse to believe it!
      Is 26 year of PNP rule... 18 straight.. Order, Discipline were not exactly order of the day.. freeness and 'Black Man Time'...

Yuh nuh si di tree dem ah Heroes park ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Is 26 year of PNP rule... 18 straight.. Order, Discipline were not exactly order of the day.. freeness and 'Black Man Time'...

Yuh nuh si di tree dem ah Heroes park ?
        Just do the job!
        As I said to Boxhill I saw to the JLP, no excuses! If you cannot manage, just step aside!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
        X