X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get your act together in two weeks, police chief warns

Get your act together in two weeks, police chief warns

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Police Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin (left), addresses his press conference at the Police Officers' Club in Kingston yesterday. Beside him is Deputy Commissioner Mark Shields. (Photo: Joseph Wellington)POLICE Commissioner Hardley Lewin yesterday gave Jamaicans two weeks to clean up their act or face the consequences of a zero-tolerance policy which the police will be adopting.
    Speaking at a press conference in Kingston yesterday, Lewin said the police would be coming down hard on breaches of the road traffic, night noise, anti-litter and environment laws.
    "People need to be warned. In the next fortnight, if you don't have a helmet, get one, if you don't have seat belts installed in your car, get one. Action will be taken," Lewin said.
    The police chief told reporters that among his priorities was bringing more perpetrators of gun and drug related crimes to book.
    He said the development of an anti-extortion plan, the infiltration of criminal networks, improvement of the constabulary's ability to profile gangs and their members and improved relations with local, regional and international law enforcement partners were some of the tasks to be undertaken by the officers under his charge.
    But Lewin stayed away from setting targets and instead asked for an assessment of his performance at the end of the year.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

ask about Tivoli last night, Bruce Golding said he leave the police to do their job, he only ask that they do it professional and he doesn't support any criminal activities.

I hope Lewin is the man and yes we will look at his work by the end of the year.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that only relates to 75% of the population!

mi like the approach and the talk......

seh dis seh dat....the man who call tivoli the mother of all garrisons was appointed by the MP of said garrison, that was not an act of carrying a grudge especially because it deviated from the norm (usually from with the police ranks) so i look with skepticism on the argument that vasianne's comments about "Rats" is really at the heart of the PSC soliciotr general impasse.

add to that sangster's own belief that the psc acted improperly....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Bruce mooted their argument when he re-employed the caretaker fi the park and with the police commissioner.

Sometimes you just can't work with some people and as the PM you should have some decision in who should be the SC.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Bruce appointed him?

Okay!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

he didn't appoint him but he could have not approved it, no?

They actually came out in support of the man been employed.

Where did I say he appointed by Bruce?

Comment

he was fired for dissing bruce...anyway in the end the right thing was done in my opinion.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X