X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of Government consultants submitted

published: Wednesday | January 30, 2008

Shaw

Finance and Public Service Minister Audley Shaw has tabled a document with the Government's list of 90 consultants in Parliament yesterday in response to a request by Member of Parliament Deacon Ronald Thwaites.

With a number of agencies under its control, the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service has contracted some 46 consultants, while the Office of the Prime Minister has recruited 15 consultants.

Some of the contracts for consultancy predate the current administration, with some consultants being engaged from as far back as 2006.

The Agriculture Ministry has six consultants, while both the Ministry of Education and National Security have five consultants each.

Four consultants are working with the Ministry of Health and Environment, and the Ministry of Energy, Mining and Telecommunications has recruited three.

There are no consultants at the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade and Transport and Works.

The Ministry of Justice has not yet engaged a consultan approval has been granted.

Two consultants are working with the Ministry of Labour and Social Security.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

this is where some scarce benefits and spoils get dole out!!!! massively!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      this is where some scarce benefits and spoils get dole out!!!! massively!!!
      I'm wondering if 90 consultants are really needed. The other question is how much are they going to be paid.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

those are 2 of the 3 questions...the third question is "do they actually do any work"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How many were there before?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

not sure...i know some resigned after the election. paulwell had some juicy ones including practically giving away a telecom licence to a consultant.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              How many were there before?
              I recall there was a report about consultants getting about 95 million a year and at one point PJ did freeze the hiring of consultants. Cannot remember how many there were though.

Comment

Consultants maybe worthwhile if they are expert in their fields, not been paid huge sums and are actually working.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  Consultants maybe worthwhile if they are expert in their fields, not been paid huge sums and are actually working.
                  ... yuh dreaming. They don't want public service wages, suh dem call demselves consultants whey dem can get the big check.

Comment

Working...
                  X