RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNP to investigate reports of political victimization ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNP to investigate reports of political victimization ...

PNP to investigate reports of political victimization of public sector workers

The People's National Party (PNP), has launched a probe into allegations of political victimisation against some workers in the public sector.

The Party said it had received reports that Government-paid employees branded PNP supporters, were been treated unfairly since the Golding administration took office.

It said it had been informed that some persons were forced out of their jobs based on their political allegiance.

During Monday's special meeting of the Shadow Cabinet, a decision was made to establish a special committee to investigate the claims.

The committee, which is chaired by PNP Chairman Robert Pickersgill, comprises Opposition Spokesman on Local Government Dean Peart and other Shadow Ministers.

Mr. Peart told RJR News centre that at the end of the probe, the Party will be exposing all confirmed acts of victimization.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Well, if political victimization is really taking place, then it has to stop. However, if getting rid of the staff surplus and those that are ineffective is being called political victimization, then ... they need to be told to go and jump in the sea.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

omar davies, philip paulwell, maxine henry-wilson....have all been forced out of their jobs by the golding government.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

The PNP run from any responsibility and bring up the most trivial things.

How them nuh mention Air Jamaica, JUTC, NWSA, Light Bulb, and whe di other one name Lazie?

I doubt the JLP have a system in place to force PNP outa them job. Can you explain to me how Birchell Whiteman is still diplomat in London? I hope them look pon the productivity of the workers involved as well.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          The PNP run from any responsibility and bring up the most trivial things.

How them nuh mention Air Jamaica, JUTC, NWSA, Light Bulb, and whe di other one name Lazie?

I doubt the JLP have a system in place to force PNP outa them job. Can you explain to me how Birchell Whiteman is still diplomat in London? I hope them look pon the productivity of the workers involved as well.
          Well I heard Lisa Hanna and Peter Bunting on NNN yesterday, they both claimed they have given the gov't enough time to get comfortable and its time to go after them.

If they call that giving the gov't time, I can't wait to see what they coming with now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Well, if political victimization is really taking place, then it has to stop. However, if getting rid of the staff surplus and those that are ineffective is being called political victimization, then ... they need to be told to go and jump in the sea.

If yuh wasnt PNP in the last 2 decades, no Job for you.

The nerve of them to make accusations!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              If yuh wasnt PNP in the last 2 decades, no Job for you.

The nerve of them to make accusations!
              That flies in the face of a JLP win...and, the calls for removal of the PNP supporters...

...as on the one hand the win must have had JLP workers in the government services voting JLP...and the calls for removal of PNP supporters do not appear to be calls for the removal of all government employees on the morning of Sept. 4! ...Right?

...no to mention our one degree of separation!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                That flies in the face of a JLP win...and, the calls for removal of the PNP supporters...

...as on the one hand the win must have had JLP workers in the government services voting JLP...and the calls for removal of PNP supporters do not appear to be calls for the removal of all government employees on the morning of Sept. 4! ...Right?

...no to mention our one degree of separation!
                I am not condoning victimization. I am condemning the hypocrites. 2 different things.

I am sorry for the "common man" victim whatever his/her political persuasion, but know that the cynical PNP politicians were past masters at this practice.

Comment

Working...
                X