Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money in My Pocket

Stimulus Package

A look at the deal reached yesterday by House leaders and the White House on a $150 billion economic stimulus package that includes checks for most people. The plan still must clear the Senate.

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

On Lou Dobbs program on CNN yesterday there were some of his viewers writing in indicating that they didn't want it. If dem want dem could simply sign the check over to me. I'd find a way to use it to stimulate the economy.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
      On Lou Dobbs program on CNN yesterday there were some of his viewers writing in indicating that they didn't want it. If dem want dem could simply sign the check over to me. I'd find a way to use it to stimulate the economy.

Like you, I'll take it...but, it sure as hell will not do anything for the economy except a temporary tremor.

What %age of money in circulation is that? ...and, how far will that money go for anyone - 30 days, at the outside? ...and after those 30 days it shall be "as you where"!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It is not enough fi buy some real bling, so mi might use it pon something virtuous.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Carry it go ah
          Atlantic City or spoil yuhself in Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Like you, I'll take it...but, it sure as hell will not do anything for the economy except a temporary tremor.

What %age of money in circulation is that? ...and, how far will that money go for anyone - 30 days, at the outside? ...and after those 30 days it shall be "as you where"!

Hey "man will eat food fi 30 days" & probably tek a whiff 2
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
              Carry it go ah
              Atlantic City or spoil yuhself in Vegas
              Tink yuh seh, yuh nuh gamble?
              Yuh wudden waaan hen-courage di wrang pan su-maddy helse? ...wud yuh?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X