Policemen accused of robbing 10-year-old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policemen accused of robbing 10-year-old

Policemen accused of robbing 10-year-old Thursday, 24 January 2008 Three more members of the police force and an ex-cop have found themselves in trouble with the law.

Constable Ornado Walker who is assigned to the Constant Spring Police Station, Constable Hugh Daley of the Ulster Spring Police Station and former policeman Henmark Greenland are all facing charges robbery with aggravation and assault.

The two policemen were arrested and charged on Wednesday and immediately taken before the court.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of the ex-cop.

The court was told that about 10 pm on June 10, 2006, the three men, who were then based at the Freeport Police Station, beat and robbed a 10-year-old boy at gun point along Barnett Street, Montego Bay.

The matter was reported to the Internal Affairs/Anti-Corruption Division.

After investigations, a file was sent to the Director of Public Prosecutions who ruled that all three be charged.

Constables Walker and Daley were granted bail in the sum of $500,000 with two sureties.

They were also ordered to surrender their travel documents.

Constable Walker is to report to the Spanish Town Police Station every Friday while Constable Daley is to report to the Granville Police Station.

They are to return to court on February 27.

In the meantime Special Constable Kevin Taylor was arrested at ISCF Headquarters at Harmon Barracks.

He was taken to Half Way Tree and charged with two counts of possessing an illegal firearm and aggravated robbery.

Special Constable Taylor is to appear in court on Friday.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Dem ********s must guh undah the jail. Is a lucky thing the victim was only 10 or else it would be a different story then we'd hear say is shootout and the comics round here would tek it as gospel and shout bud.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Dem need fi cut off him balls Wutliss - robbing from the cradle
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

my my such hostility

Comment

Working...
        X