No announcement yet.

Obama and the US Presidential elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that has to be the case when youpost something and clarification is sought and you mumble and fumble and quote all kind of nonsense without being able make your point. i HAVE to question my ability to understand english and english....otherwise the alternative is that you don't have a clue...and so i give you the benefit of the doubt...after all, they are your words!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

MLK must have smiled from his grave as this man was being judged purely on the content of his character, inspite of his skin color. Let us continue that trend........Interesting comment

What would you say to those who claim in the black community that it took the white vote (Iowa) for the black community to take notice of him (consider voting for him).

MLK would be _____________________________________?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

the realitybill and hillary has been the dirty once and I think it will eventually hurt the democrats. I like obama am not sure who is running bill or hill

Comment

huh?... clarity is requested... i have read what you wrote like 3 times and still cannot fully comprehend what you are saying or asking... btw, did i say all that you wrote... just a simple question...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

indeed you are a blind man... you fail to see the subtle slights by hillary clinton against obama being a black man... how else can you interpret hillary's insistence on who's more electable... hillary is no more electable than obama... you speak of record of hillary, what specifically are you referencing? through these lenses, they are both relatively inexperienced and offer hope for a change in direction of the usa... the difference is obama is more inspirational, unifying and respectful of people of all races, social classes and political ideologies... he speaks of one united states of america... try on that pair of shades... you may look good in them and see better...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
              indeed you are a blind man... you fail to see the subtle slights by hillary clinton against obama being a black man... how else can you interpret hillary's insistence on who's more electable...
              Obama says the same thing - "best able to win"..."best able to bring people together"! = most (not "more") electable

hillary is no more electable than obama...
              One must be more electable i.e. has greater probability of being elected!

...you speak of record of hillary, what specifically are you referencing? through these lenses, they are both relatively inexperienced and offer hope for a change in direction of the usa...
              Hillary's record:

1st presented Universal Health Care!
              Scuttled by the Republicans - She is touting that Universal Health Care harder than ever.

Obama does not believe in that. Must be because he is agains Hillary's proposal to identify those who cannot pay any health insurance premiums and have the government take up the cost. Wutless im wutless where this is concerned!

After in (I think it was the first debate) he came with the proposal to withdraw all troops with not one iota of thought on US interests and lives of civilian persons working in Iraq...and, Hillary immediately let him know 'hit cyaan guh suh"...that withdrawal has to carefully planned because of those twin responsibilities and that there must be armed forces to safeguard those interests and lives...im a come now wid 'careful and thoughtful withdrawal' - Hillary's exact words from the first reprimand he received from her on the matter.

...and, if I am not mistaken he is claiming it as his original thoughts on the matter?

the difference is obama is more inspirational, unifying and respectful of people of all races, social classes and political ideologies... he speaks of one united states of america... try on that pair of shades... you may look good in them and see better...
              The problem with Obama - as I said before Bill Clinton said it - is Obama has not been subjected to a close scrutiny of his record and his proposals!

Now that he is being subjected to scrutiny he labels it 'attacks'. However, when he fires shots at Hillary he labels those shots as 'setting the record straight'!

http://facts.hillaryhub.com/archive/?id=5389

Obama is running a Boxhill type 'sweet-talk' campaign. ...and, we know what Boxhill brought to the table!

In contrast, Hillary Clinton, even if she wanted...has no option after unending scrutiny from her Whitehouse days to the present, but to perform and to put proposals of substance before the American people. She is not merely scrutinized...but, subjected to 'under the microscope' most carefully probing and the dissection of her every move.

She comes good! ...because she is good!
              ...she is miiiiiillllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeees ahead of Obama where substance is concerned.

--------

Let us pull no punches against both candidates (although Obama would prefer if we knock Hillary and give him a free ride? )

Hillary's votes in Congress on key issues as decided by the Washington Post - http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...mbers/c001041/

Obama's votes in Congree on the key issues as decided by the Washington Post - http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c...167/key-votes/

Hillary miles ahead!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                huh?... clarity is requested... i have read what you wrote like 3 times and still cannot fully comprehend what you are saying or asking... btw, did i say all that you wrote... just a simple question...
                Damn? Yuh nuh even memba wah yuh seh?
                ...an mi di tink a mi wan deh a Shady Pines?
                Welcome, boss!

...and, yes you said 'all that'! Read your post again!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

sweet talk campaign? shades of michael manley?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    sweet talk campaign? shades of michael manley?
                    Michael laid out things we would have to do...and, fair is fair...many were the times the details appeared to be worked out after! That is, the entire 'things laid out' to be done where in fact not previously the benefit of detailed planning!

Comment

hmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        hmmmm....
                        Question: Why is it you find it hard to believe that someone can do a number of things wrong...but did many more great things?

Michael Manley and his father NW Manley are greatest visionary leaders we have had in our short history.

Comment

True, Joshua sought to revise the slavery laws; in order
                          for the descendants of slaves to get a better footing in Ja's economy. Had Joshua's vision continued Ja would have a highly educated populace with a vibrant middle class (instead the middle clss is residing outside of JA).

Alas our slavery past kept us back; coupled with ignorace (and illiteracy).
                          Free flour,sugar, curry goat and rum seem to catch us even after 300 hunred years.

Comment

where you get the impression i think it's not possible?

NWM....undubitably....MM...not in his father's league by a long shot!

Comment

Please explain this to
                              me. Thanks.

NWM....undubitably....MM...not in his father's league by a long shot!

Comment

norman washington manley was a visionary of legendary proportions not so with michael...he had vision yes, but his moth got the better of him on too many occasions and HE along with seaga heralded in the area of the organised gunman....see where we are today with crime in jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                                X