• International forensic expert to observe Tivoli five post mo

International forensic expert to observe Tivoli five post mortem

The RJR News centre understands that arrangements are being made for international forensic expert, Professor Derrick Pounder, to observe the post mortem examinations on the five men, who were killed in Tivoli Gardens in West Kingston on Sunday January 13.

Professor Pounder, no stranger to Jamaica, was brought in three years ago, to give expert testimony in the Crawle Trial.

He is Director of the Centre for Forensic and Legal Medicine at Dundee University in Scotland.

It is reported that the post mortems on the five men could be held as early as Monday.

They were killed during a seven hour operation involving the police and military in sections of Tivoli Gardens.

The police reported that the men were shot after opening fire on the security forces.

However, alleged eyewitnesses have challenged this claim.

Following a visit to the area on Wednesday, West Kingston Member of Parliament and Prime Minister Bruce Golding called for a coroner's inquest into the shootings.

He said the men's families had asked for an independent pathologist to view the post mortems and efforts were being made to grant their request.

Looks like Desmond is in for a tough month.
    If de man dem shot up de wall dem way deh, can you imagine how the bodies of the youth dem look?
    Overkill will be obvious.
    I wonder if the Attorney General is still in a conference with those "chain grabbers" from Cash Plus Street?

Last edited by Rockman; January 19, 2008, 01:44 AM.

If de man dem shot up de wall dem way deh, can you imagine how the bodies of the youth dem look?
      I wonder if the Attorney General is still in a conference with those "chain grabbers" from Cash Plus Street?

Careful Rockman, you don't want to be accused of bering naive nor hugging up gunman .. unless yuh back broad like mine.

Okay Lazie

5 yutes buss shot after police and run into a home occupied by an old woman, a young girl and a baby. The police engage the 5 yutes in a gun battle and kill them. The old woman, young girl and baby are unharmed. What is your problem with this scenario other than hugging up gunman? If di yute dem get shot 1 time or 50 times what difference does it make? They were in possession of illegal guns and fired on police. They were shot dead. This is a good thing.

If the Old Woman, young girl and baby were harmed.. would be a good or bad thing ?

You determine the 'good' or 'bad' of it based on the outcome ?

End justifies the means ?

If the Old Woman, young girl and baby were harmed.. would be a good or bad thing ?

You determine the 'good' or 'bad' of it based on the outcome ?

End justifies the means ?
              Means? If you are referring to the security forces engaging armed men in a gun battle after being fired on then I would say the means justified the end. Funny how yuh tune change remember the discussion we had about pre emptive strikes and Iran? Are you any relation to the gig family by any chance?

You don't think excessive force by the police is a problem in a civilian setting...

Are you any relation to the wood head family ?

Maubid, having you ever served? If NOT then chill!!

Don't ask. Don't tell.

True dat!! Me can ask, yuh nuh 'aff fe tell!!
                      Last edited by JaMekAn; January 20, 2008, 12:46 PM.

And one was audacious enough to demand that his mother summons his cohorts, a Justice of the Peace and a Priest, to help fyah some shots pon de security forces.

Well if it wasn't an old lady and a baby, instead we have two young men(under 26 years of age), would they be alive today?

I have to ask, what if it was 2 young men firing shots at the police?

Speculate all you want I'm dealing with the facts of this situation.

He could have summoned Jesus Christ himself for all I care. He got himself into that situation and he deservedly got a bullet in him r*ss. Dem a badman until confronted with death den waan tun inna Christian. Gunshot fi di whole a dem.