X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLP caretaker answers to obstruction charges

JLP caretaker answers to obstruction charges

Monday, 14 January 2008
    The Jamaica Labour Party's (JLP) Caretaker for North West St. Catherine, Dr. Sandra Nesbeth Monday faced the Linstead Resident Magistrate to answer to charges connected to alleged obstruction of the police late last year.

Dr. Nesbeth, who pleaded not guilty to the charges, appeared before Presiding Judge Marsha Dunbar-Green.

She was granted bail of $100,000 and is to return to Court on February 6.

As a condition of her bail the judge ordered that Dr. Nesbeth surrender her travel documents and report to the police twice per week.

The judge also ordered that Dr. Nesbeth be fingerprinted and a stop order issued against her.

A bench warrant was last week issued for the arrest of Dr. Nesbeth when she failed to appear before the Court.

Her lawyer, Earl Hamilton on Monday morning apologised to the Court explaining that his client was ill and could not attend at the last Court date.

Dr. Nesbeth is charged for assault at common law, assaulting a police officer and obstructing the police in the lawful execution of their duties.

The charges stem from a shooting incident on the night of November 17 last year.

It was reported then that 33-year-old Durrant Matterdene of East Street in Linstead was killed and another man injured when they were shot by men in a moving motorcar.

It was reported that Dr. Nesbeth allegedly arrived on the scene before the police and proceeded to gather spent shells.

When the police arrived and were told that she had them they asked her to hand them over.

The police say she refused and a struggle ensued during which the spent shells were forcibly taken from her.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

damn!!!!

whey shi collecting spent shells fah? shi work fi CSI Miami?!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

har people dem say a police did the shooting so she tun soldier.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

so what she did not have confidence in the investigation that was to ensue?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

why the analysis of her dumb actions, gamma? WHY?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that is the problem with Jamaica. People of gotten to a stage where them nuh trust the police at all.

Have you been reading the articles in the observer on Green Bay Killing?

While this woman has no justification in doing whatever she did, the fact is we need professional police force and investigative officers who don't cover up what others do.

Yes Gamma I have seen at least one person get away with murder with police help.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

bwoy....mi just a try fathom...what on earth coulda possess har to jeopardise herself like that.....

Comment

after reading the article, i wondered how could any intelligent person be so dumb...

Comment

lol... amazing... prably de thought of missing dick cudda possess ahr...

Comment

wha you tek judge the intelligence? Not the Dr.?

I have met quite a few in college environment

Comment

She is not kicked out the party yet? what is bruce waiting on?

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        She is not kicked out the party yet? what is bruce waiting on?
                        Too attractive!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Really? Den di MP for South East St. Ann set fi life!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Really? Den di MP for South East St. Ann set fi life!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

eeh.. chalk and cheese..

Comment

Working...
                              X